Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok its a filler... bla bla bla
I think about all the game I played I have yet to see someone choosing to forfait (skipping to choose a slice and eating his own pieces). I also wonder if it is a viable option in general... what do you think?

Thanks Leonardo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I've seen someone do this once or twice when the only other options available would only get him/her few points. I think forfeiting was probably a rule designed for the exceptional cases where a couple of people are battling it out for most slices of a given type, and near the end of the game one of them sees that they no longer have a chance of winning but now have a lot of useless pie slices. This rule gives the person something to do with them.

I can't say that I've seen anyone doing this win - the very fact that you would do this means that one of your plans has gone awry - but it can certainly keep you from coming in at last place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James explained it well. It was designed for that purpose exactly: in case you had collected a bunch of, say, chocolate slices, AND someone else was able to collect more, AND it was the final round AND you would get quite a few more points for those chocolate slices than for any of the offerings available to you.

It does not happen often as usually, the last group of slices gives you more than what you would get by forfeiting, but it's a nice option to have on certain occasions. I can't remember if anyone has won with it or not, but it is certainly possible (especially with the chocolate).

Hope you continue to enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mr kgoo
msg tools
Just a question, when forfeiting, to you have to forfeit ALL of the slices of one variety? Or can you forfeit just some?

For example, you maybe have collected 6 pieces of chocolate, and in the last round, you can see that no-one will beat you and 4 are enough to get most of the chocolate pieces. Can you forfeit and choose to eat 3 chocolate for 9 points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think that is perfectly acceptable, although I question the strategy. Personally, I would not have collected 6 chocolates in the first place if my closest competitor only had 2. I probably would have stopped at 4 and eaten the rest. Then it would not be necessary for me to forfeit a turn.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.