Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm going to be playing Eclipse tomorrow with relative newbies, and there's a reasonable likelihood of it being a 5 player game, and I was just wondering whether it would make sense to put the gap between the 5th and 6th players, or whether it makes much of a difference. We'll probably be playing all-Terrans, so there's no first race pick advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Lau
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amaranth wrote:
I'm going to be playing Eclipse tomorrow with relative newbies, and there's a reasonable likelihood of it being a 5 player game, and I was just wondering whether it would make sense to put the gap between the 5th and 6th players, or whether it makes much of a difference. We'll probably be playing all-Terrans, so there's no first race pick advantage.

it wouldnt matter for newbies. but it really depends for advanced games. simcityers on the rim while something like orion: in the middle of everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Peters Unrau
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a warp insert in the files section you can print out to "bend" space so that in a five player game there is no gap between any of the players. I've printed two out so that in a four or five player game I can play without any gaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
PrairieBoy wrote:
There is also a warp insert in the files section you can print out to "bend" space so that in a five player game there is no gap between any of the players. I've printed two out so that in a four or five player game I can play without any gaps.

I don't see why you'd need it in a 4 player game given that the positions are symmetrical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc K
United States
Unspecified
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a four player game the board is symmetrical, but the player positions are not equidistant from each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
In a six player game, player positions are not all equidistant either. Each player has two near opponents and three far opponents. I don't see how that's functionally different from a four player game where each player has one near opponent and two far opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.