Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Pierre Giguere
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

So I've ordered all the expansions and have recently got my hands on a new copy of King of Tokyo and am currently designing new monsters to push the game to 8 players for my larger gaming groups.

Problem came when I took out King from the new game... the scoring track is completely off center. I think number 1-3 are clear and then from 4-16 it goes below sightline and then from 17-20 it's fine again.

Obviously this needs to be replaced + the supplier should know about it.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement character/ new dice for my old game?

Thanks,
Ardamaeus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Send an email to Iello.
Or go to their website and find the contact info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent them an email through their Customer Service.

I'm trying to get a replacement base for the monsters. We'll see what they reply...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
I sent them an email through their Customer Service.

I'm trying to get a replacement base for the monsters. We'll see what they reply...

North America customers should contact www.IelloGames.com
Robert, your email will be forwarded to us on Monday anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see playing with 8 players. Your monster would have to sit through 7 turns before scoring a bonus for starting their turn in Tokyo. If you ask me, I think you'd have more fun playing two copies of the game concurrently. You could switch players back and forth, with the top two from each game playing one another in the second round, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree on the surface of things, but what if you did SIMULTANEOUS PLAY?

So player 1 and Player 5 are playing at the same time. ?? Then when the numbers drop to 4 players or less, you would just "drop back" to a single player playing, just like you drop back to a single space in Tokyo?

Of course, you'd need two full sets (for dice and for Characters and possibly cubes).. but still might be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elkabong wrote:
I have to agree on the surface of things, but what if you did SIMULTANEOUS PLAY?

So player 1 and Player 5 are playing at the same time. ?? Then when the numbers drop to 4 players or less, you would just "drop back" to a single player playing, just like you drop back to a single space in Tokyo?

I'd say you're developing a new game then: If a monster leaves Tokyo, which one of the attackers moves in? How do you resolve timing issues on cards? Who gets first choice on buying new abilities? You'd better get busy on a variant rule set, because I think you'll have a boatload of such questions to deal with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my replacement base last week. Thanks to Stephan from IELLO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This is my clone
United States
Watertown
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What did you have to do to get that missing stand? I've contacted them twice over the last couple weeks to try get the missing stand from my set and haven't heard jack back from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.