Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First doubt: Immediate cards
The rules says "Taking an Immediate action taps the acting creature."

This means that I can ONLY play Immediate cards on creatures UNTAPPED or can I play Immediate cards on any creature (tapped or not) and then tap it if it's not already tapped?

Second doubt: Assist
Example: I activate a creature and I tap two other creatures to give Assist to the first one, just to play a high level card. Now, can I activate those tapped creature which gave Assist and move them, eventually playing Minor cards on them? Or they skip their activation due to the Assist for that turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko White
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

1: You can only use an Immediate if you're untapped. Make sure you didn't miss the correct untapping rules; you untap both at the beginning and end of your turn, which is easy to miss if you're familiar with MTG.

2: If a creature gets tapped before activating, it can still activate normally, so you can use minors, move, and so forth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultiville wrote:

1: You can only use an Immediate if you're untapped. Make sure you didn't miss the correct untapping rules; you untap both at the beginning and end of your turn, which is easy to miss if you're familiar with MTG.

Yes, this prevents an attacked creature from using multiple damage reducing cards in one turn. That way, strategically, you might attack with a weaker creature first with the hopes they use up their immediate card so you can whack them with the stronger attack that can't be defended.

Ultiville wrote:

2: If a creature gets tapped before activating, it can still activate normally, so you can use minors, move, and so forth.

To clarify Niko's answer, you can perform only actions that do not normally tap the creature. When I read the rules on p. 12, out of the three actions, Standard and Immediate taps--Minors do not. So a tapped creature could move and use minors but not attack or use order cards that are "Standard" actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultiville wrote:

Yes, I red all of that that, but it says nothing about using Immediate cards only on untapped creatures (or at least I haven't seen it).

bumyong wrote:

Yes, this prevents an attacked creature from using multiple damage reducing cards in one turn. That way, strategically, you might attack with a weaker creature first with the hopes they use up their immediate card so you can whack them with the stronger attack that can't be defended.

Yes, absolutely logic.

Ultiville wrote:

Ok, I was quite sure on this, but I nedeed a confirm.

bumyong wrote:

So a tapped creature could move and use minors but not attack or use order cards that are "Standard" actions.

Yes, that was clear.

Thanks to both of you for the clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Howard
msg tools
badge
... he's off the twig.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Many effects require you to tap a creature. Tapping means that it has exerted itself in some way, and a tapped creature cannot take more actions that require it to tap."

The above is from p8 of the rulebook, "Tapping" sidebar.

It should clear up your first question about immediate actions and already tapped creatures.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[no use for a name]
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what about previously activated but not tapped creatures? Can they assist too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.