Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sean dolbee
United States
Grass Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Axis have control of Gibraltar the Allies have no supply sorces thru the Med if the Axis drop the Paras on Suez are the British OOS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
27.12 All ports in Libya are supply sources for Axis only; all ports in Egypt are supply sources for Allies only.

37.3 If the Allies lose Gibraltar, the supply capacity of the Egyptian ports becomes restricted.

Both rules refer to the Egyptian Ports, so I assume all three ports in Egypt are supply sources for the British.

So it seems to me that an Axis airborne in Suez in this situation would not put any of the British units out-of-supply, as they could draw supply from Port Said and Alexandria.

And of course the airborne would be at risk of you-know-what......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean dolbee
United States
Grass Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could the Paras draw supply thru Suez?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
DQB Could either side carry supply to Suez in excess of the 37.3 limits by using double supply fleets (27.23) in the same manner as double SR?
A. No. Furthermore the Axis could not even supply the four units allowed the Allies by 37.3

I think that is a pretty clear answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clearly Suez would not be a supply source for the Axis. With regard to using the port to supply by fleet, section 47.3 specifies that the Suez canal would need to be controlled as well. In addition a two turn 'repair' period is required upon control changing hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Field Marshall Roe

New Jersey
msg tools
mb
Hello All BBG!!

Hypothetical situation,

What if the Germans, who currently have a 3-3 paratrooper in Tobruk, do a offensive option and drop into Alexandra hex? The only British counter is a British 9 Factor Fleet?
Would then they be able to create a supply source in the Medd. for the Axis with a 9FF, in the following Axis turn? 0

Many Thanks!!

F.M.Roe!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Field Marshall Roe

New Jersey
msg tools
mb
To follow-up with my last thread,
I don’t see any issue with a par drop into Alexandra, while there is only a British 9 FF. The Airborne unit is in supply for that turn. The following Axis game turn, the Airborne would require an inverted fleet in the Med., to satisfy supply rules. Also the Germans control Gibraltar. I just want to confirm this to be true.

Regards,

F.M. Roe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
rar08823 wrote:
Hello All BBG!!

Hypothetical situation,

What if the Germans, who currently have a 3-3 paratrooper in Tobruk, do a offensive option and drop into Alexandra hex? The only British counter is a British 9 Factor Fleet?
Would then they be able to create a supply source in the Medd. for the Axis with a 9FF, in the following Axis turn? 0

Many Thanks!!

F.M.Roe!!!

Yeah, Alexandria could be a supply point if you have a fleet to supply it.
However it doesn't increase the number of allowable Axis factors in Africa under Rule 35.

Of course, that Para unit could die before then and render this all irrelevant.bacon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Para unit can be made immune to permanent elimination if a supply fleet is designated at the beginning of the turn that the Para drop into Alexandria is made. That way, the Para has a normal supply line the moment it successfully lands in Alexandria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fangotango wrote:
The Para unit can be made immune to permanent elimination if a supply fleet is designated at the beginning of the turn that the Para drop into Alexandria is made. That way, the Para has a normal supply line the moment it successfully lands in Alexandria.

Wow... I never thought of that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Field Marshall Roe

New Jersey
msg tools
mb

Thank you Gentleman!
You both have given me another option in my current game turn.

Regards,

F.M. Roe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure about this interpretation? To define an enemy-controlled port as the end point of a "normal" supply line is quite a stretch, I believe. With the same notion an airborne dropped on its own (without a simultaneous seaborne invasion) in any port in England is automatically exempt by the same notion from permanent elimination worries. Could you please point to an example, or DQB, that justifies this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Edwards
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are right. In fact you can even do it after the airborne has already been eliminated when moving second. Per the DQB:

In the second player turn, an airborne unit drops on a hostile port where it could be supplied by sea. In the first player turn of the following game turn, it is attacked and eliminated. Is elimination permanent because the owner has not yet had an opportunity to designate a supply fleet for the current game turn?

A. No, provided a supply fleet is designated during its owner's player turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kostaskav wrote:
Are you sure about this interpretation? To define an enemy-controlled port as the end point of a "normal" supply line is quite a stretch, I believe. With the same notion an airborne dropped on its own (without a simultaneous seaborne invasion) in any port in England is automatically exempt by the same notion from permanent elimination worries. Could you please point to an example, or DQB, that justifies this?

You can designate a supply mission to a fleet during the movement phase without specifying a designation of the supply port target until later in the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
The DQB mentioned by Paul settles it very clearly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.