Nundo Bolas
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb

Hi,

As some of you may have noticed, I am definitely hostile toward 2nd edition. Although I won't go into further detail and I guess there's enough negativity on this board already, I was wondering whether others among you who share my opinion might perhaps have felt the same urge in the back of their (evil) brains; i.e. to convert 2nd edition bits (monsters mostly) into 1st edition extras.

I am mostly thinking about the new monsters, but we might as well convert whole quests now that I'm thinking about it. Although it wouldn't be an official conversion kit, I guess it's a topic that could perhaps generate some creative ideas from BGGs userbase.

So yeah, how would you convert the 2nd edition hardware to 1st ed?

Kind regards,
N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fully intended to. The easiest things to convert will be the Heroes and Monsters (similar to a negative conversion kit). The next obvious choice is the Lieutenants, though you might want to create a custom Avatar or two for the new 3 Lt's. And finally, since there are no "bits" to convert, you could create new quests using the tiles included in 2nd Ed without any problems. Hell, you could even create 2nd Ed maps using 1st Ed markers if you wanted (i.e. a quest playable in 1st or 2nd Ed).

The biggest obstacle right now, time. I need more time! Of course, if we throw our ideas on the public forum, I can be a contributor and let others mantle the bulk of the work

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about making one or more 1st to 2nd transition tiles. I don't have 2nd yet, so this is not something I'm working on yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timlillig wrote:
I've been thinking about making one or more 1st to 2nd transition tiles. I don't have 2nd yet, so this is not something I'm working on yet.

I considered this when the previews came out, but now that I have the boards, the artwork is so *fantastic* on the 2nd Ed tiles that I don't want to sully their presentation with the older 1st Ed tiles. Plus, the shapes are so unique, I'm having a hard time thinking of a map I couldn't create with the 2nd Ed tiles.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master of the Waz
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was planning this also. I haven't got 2nd edition yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, I was wondering how hard it would be to convert 1st to 2nd. All the missions I mean. After getting the conversion kit, would put search tokens instead of treasure chests.. Decide which section to spawn monsters in, or just keep old LOS rules. Biggest thing I think would be coming up with reinforcement and special rules. Although since D1 was more kill based on most quests, might not need special rules.

Didn't mean to derail the post, I can delete and start a new thread if the OP would like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.