2 Posts

Thunderstone: Dragonspire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Guardian Blade and Burnt Offering rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hartman
msg tools
mb
Tried searching but couldn't find this one. In one of my first games, I hit on this combo and of course played it wrong. I played the Burnt Offering on the hero equipped with GBlade, in order to get a free card next draw, off a hero that was headed to the discard pile anyway. Mistake was, I did this after the successful combat, when it clearly should have been resolved before the fight. Thankfully we were having too good a time for anyone to notice.

The combo came up a second time in solo play, and with some embarrassed hindsight I recognize now the mistake I made from the first game, but I'm also wondering now if its even a possible combo.

The rules are a little vague about whether or not there is an order to "Equipping" and "Playing Dungeon Effects", the rules mention both of them together. My interpretation is that Equipping is a Dungeon Effect and can be arranged in any order with other Dungeon Effects, making it a legal combo. Just curious if someone can point to rules that might actually specify Equip explicitly happens before or after.

But that led me to other difficult questions: Let's say I declare dungeon, equip a hero with GB, play Burnt Sac and destroy(->discard) the hero; obviously the hero is out of play before strength is totaled. But can I then potentially re-equip that same GBlade to another hero?

Thanks for any insight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
It's okay to resolve dungeon effects and equips in any order you want, which means you may first equip a hero with the Guardian Blade, then try to destroy that hero with Burnt Offering.

Once a hero has been equipped, the hero may not equip a second weapon if the equipped weapon becomes unequipped (unless otherwise stated, e.g. Toryn Gauntlet), and the weapon may not be equipped to another hero if it becomes unequipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.