Among the Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Unlocking the 35k stretch goal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Ross
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
So what do people think the odds are that the latest stretch goal will be unlocked?
It would have to increase by a grand each day left and I've no idea how crowd funding tends to move.
Is there a ending slump or a sudden rush, as the undecided make the plunge?

The last two stretch goals are essentially what sold me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that there is usually a bit of a rush during the last day or two based on the projects I have followed, which isn't a great number but enough that I am starting to see a trend.

At this point it seems like a long shot as 1k per day is pretty steep, but I am hopeful as I have enjoyed playing my PnP copy and would like to see even more material for this excellent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that it will go over 35k judging by the rate of rise so far and probably over 40k depending on what the last stretch reward will be.
Finally, it will depend on more pictures hitting the front page towards the end of the campaign to sway the undecided and on possible group orders from the US to push it over the limit.
Just my estimation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I am sort of in the same boat. I am about 80% sure I am going to go in for the $55 to get AtS...but would be 100% if that 35K goal hits...

I realize I am a contributor to the problem, lol.

I'll look more into fixing that over the next day or two...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Kalidor wrote:
Yeah, I am sort of in the same boat. I am about 80% sure I am going to go in for the $55 to get AtS...but would be 100% if that 35K goal hits...

I realize I am a contributor to the problem, lol.

I'll look more into fixing that over the next day or two...

Same here. It's the weekend, though, so hopefully I'll go out, have a little too much wine, and come back and buy a present for sober Matt to discover the next day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend just buying it if you're interested in the game. It already has player markers, sleeves, and an expanded rulebook, and I think it's a pretty good game so far. I think mostly fans just shouldn't feel disappointed if it doesn't make it to 35k, as there are already several stretch goals which were fulfilled, including the "free" stretch goal of the promo cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
contiguity wrote:
I recommend just buying it if you're interested in the game. It already has player markers, sleeves, and an expanded rulebook, and I think it's a pretty good game so far. I think mostly fans just shouldn't feel disappointed if it doesn't make it to 35k, as there are already several stretch goals which were fulfilled, including the "free" stretch goal of the promo cards.

I'm on the fence because if it makes it to retail stores, it will probably sell in the $25-$30 range, which is about what I would normally pay for it. The sleeves add another $5-$7 in value for me. The promos are another $10. I never pay shipping, so really, that's what's killing it for me. I might try to get some people together locally for the 3 copy deal (or more - I have a PM to the publisher about putting together a 5+ copy level), which would bring the game down to $45 and right at what I would spend on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Boofus wrote:
I think that it will go over 35k judging by the rate of rise so far and probably over 40k depending on what the last stretch reward will be.
Finally, it will depend on more pictures hitting the front page towards the end of the campaign to sway the undecided and on possible group orders from the US to push it over the limit.
Just my estimation...

I agree. More pictures uploaded to BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep hoping to find someone to split the shipping with. But obviously I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have strong hopes.

The minis are unlocked, so probably more people want to back it.
I think it is accomplishable. I do hope so. Fingers crossed meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stokes
England
Basingstoke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
contiguity wrote:

I'm on the fence because if it makes it to retail stores, it will probably sell in the $25-$30 range, which is about what I would normally pay for it. The sleeves add another $5-$7 in value for me. The promos are another $10. I never pay shipping, so really, that's what's killing it for me. I might try to get some people together locally for the 3 copy deal (or more - I have a PM to the publisher about putting together a 5+ copy level), which would bring the game down to $45 and right at what I would spend on it.

You could always see if there is anyone in your area who is going to Essen and bring it back for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ross
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
So has been rising by around a 1000 the past few days now, so it's looking good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, now less than 8k left to hit 35k with 10 days to go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
PzVIE wrote:

The minis are unlocked, so probably more people want to back it.

I think the minis being unlocked, plus the picture of them on the front page, is driving a lot of the increase. Also, enough reviews from the Print and Play are out now that people are getting a good feel for how the game plays (and it helps that most of the reviews are pretty glowing).

I know I'm over the hump - just trying to see if I can get a group together to pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
I know I'm over the hump - just trying to see if I can get a group together to pick it up.

Creating a thread for that here was a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
And I saw that we passed the 30K today. What do you think, will we reach the 40K stretch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
And I saw that we passed the 30K today. What do you think, will we reach the 40K stretch?

It's feasible at this stage with a little over 6 days to go. I think so, anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
I'll be pledging but can't decide on whether or not I want briefcase. I wish indigogo worked more like kickstarter so that I could just pledge and then alter my pledge later.

You can pledge for the ATS level, then later use the 'Perk Upgrade' option to add the difference if you want to upgrade to another perk. They will send out emails at the end to figure out what everyone wants. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ross
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
So 6 days and under 4000 to go, very doable.
Think folks were right about seeing the possibility of the 40k goal also.
Very exciting, this was already a impressive package but it's really full of goodies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just upgraded my pledge by USD 45 to include Briefase...

...And unlocked the 35k stretch reward as a result
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Diamond Geezer wrote:

Thank you, Sir!
More great stuff for me meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ross
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
The Diamond Geezer wrote:

Ha, Result!
A personal thank you to you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Lutz
Austria
flag msg tools
mb
Hey everybody,

got a quick question, hopefully someone can help me out here. I really want to back this game and I'm about 90% sure I'll go to Essen this year, so what happens if I choose the perk level with Essen pick-up, but for some reason I won't be able to pick it up, will there be a possibility to pay the extra $10 (for shipping) afterwards?

Thanks in advance for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.