Subject: Best Starter Deck for Gen Con rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go with the one you know how to use better. That's what will matter most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fredin
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a second criteriea consider this. If there will be a lot of filth, look at what you can most easily beat with filth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcherAve wrote:
As a second criteriea consider this. If there will be a lot of filth, look at what you can most easily beat filth with.

fixed that for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarcJWaters wrote:
Meh... I feel like a lot of people there will be playing Filth. I might have to just break the mold...

In my experience in public tourneys, Filth haven't been that popular yet, but I also haven't been in many since their release...

With the app out now, I'd expect more decks from the first 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uhm... I think that the any of the Master Set ones have a really good shot, since their decks are all rather optimized out of the box. Then the PE and GD have really strong base decks, the TO lose a bit without Thwarters. The CG base deck is indeed one of the best I have seen for them.
Between those two, I think I would go with the CG though I like FL better because of time restriction, the FL just melt my brain and I take ages to do the right move. OTOH the CG can play both ways, brain burn or speed fast and do generally good in both cases. They do have an opposite feel in them in that the FL excel at late game and has weak early game, the CG excel at early game and have a weak end game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd choose Filth. Followed closely by jungle elves. Both are very strong when I play with friends. Have no idea how they'd be with tournament players (I'm the most experienced amongst my friends, but I bet I'd be around the 40%-60% mark in a starter-deck tournament... and far far less in a custom-deck tournament). So my JE claim may be way off. I think both JE and Filth take an advanced player to play against. But JE don't take an advanced player to do well with (Filth tends to... not uber advanced, but advanced).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.