Hide
5 Posts

HeroClix» Forums » General

Subject: About Whizkids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Saul Jaffe
msg tools
Ok, I've played this game a number of times and I like it. It's a lot of fun and I understand why it got a number of awards and is rated the way it's rated.

However, I have a problem with Whizkids, and their attitude toward their customers. It's clear from their attitude toward the online version of the game, the website, and their forums that Whizkids cares about one thing and one thing only: your money. They don't care about customer satisfaction whatsoever. Take a look at how badly their websites are managed. Look at the latest Heroclix release and the number of physically broken figures, misboxed figures (either wrong figure or wrong card in the box), and other problems - I've seen many of these problems at my local store, and I've had a few of my own. Whizkids won't even return any email asking how they intend to fix the problems.

Stay away from Heroclix online. In fact, stay away from Heroclix. Don't give Whizkids any more money. Maybe they'll get the message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe if you send broken figures in, they will replace them. Or, there's always glue. They aren't that hard to fix yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is regrettable that have had a run of bad luck or are only listening to the small minority of vocal haters, but I've been buying for nearly 10 years now and of the hundreds of boosters I've purchased, only 1 had an issue and it was the wrong card for a figure.

If the customer support and product issues were that widespread, I doubt the brand would be still around after all this time whereas many other collectible games with just a popular franchises have failed after the initial release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mummykitty wrote:
I believe if you send broken figures in, they will replace them. Or, there's always glue. They aren't that hard to fix yourself.

Nice avatar...very appropriate for the OP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm way more put off by the torrent of product they've been putting out. I was toying with the idea of getting back into the game after a few years off, but the 4 or so Fast Forces packs, two single-figure booster sets and regular booster set all released in the same month really put me off. Add to that the prizes, convention exclusives, chase figures and "by the case" figures and it was just way too much.

Now I have about 1,400 figures I just want to trade off and be done with the whole stupid game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.