Subject: Descent with 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Descent play well with only two players? I guess one player can control more heroes? Me and my girlfriend have (and like) Gears of war and Claustrophobia, is this anything like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite plays of Descent (First Edition) have been with two players. It DEFINITELY works with that many. It's much longer and more complex than Claustrophobia, but I can't speak to Gears of War from comparison.

No problem with Descent as 2P though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tucker
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Greetings!
badge
Greetings!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it plays great with two players. whoever controls the heroes will do just fine controlling 2 or 4 heroes. Most people would recommend that all 4 heroes be used no matter what though, because there are certain disadvantages that come with using only two heroes. Most dungeon crawlers feel similar to each other in one way or another, but Descent v2 is different enough that it's still well worth it. It's slightly similar to Gears, but a lot different than claustrophobia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! I think i´ll pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.