Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nico Cadilhac
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Shadow elves (my opponent) vs benders (me)

1. The shadow elves summoner was glued by a deceiver. Then my opponent got the event "stalking advance" where he can move all his units by one space. The text says "ALL units" while the deceiver says that the adjacent enemy can not move and attack. I guess that his event can not allow him to move his glued card?

2. My opponent had played a "summon the night" event at his turn. At the end of my attack phase, my summoner "tacullu" was not adjacent to an enemy. Is his power considered an attack with dice? Is the stalking advance applied to dice attacks only? In brief could I use my summoner to discard my opponent card distant by 2 spaces?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1: Note that Deceivers only stun enemy units labeled as "Common", so the Shadow Elves Summoner shouldn't be glued in the first place (nor can Champions be stunned). But yeah any common units stunned shouldn't be able to be moved by Stalking Advance since they use the same keyword ("move")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2: Tacullu's Counter Summon is an ability and not an attack, so it can be used on non adjacent enemy units during the Summon the Night event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Cadilhac
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
SirHandsome wrote:
1: Note that Deceivers only stun enemy units labeled as "Common", so the Shadow Elves Summoner shouldn't be glued in the first place (nor can Champions be stunned). But yeah any common units stunned shouldn't be able to be moved by Stalking Advance since they use the same keyword ("move")

Good catch. We made a mistake on the summoner and missed this "common only". Thanks for the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Cadilhac
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Jonezy wrote:
2: Tacullu's Counter Summon is an ability and not an attack, so it can be used on non adjacent enemy units during the Summon the Night event.

Thanks Jon, got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirHandsome wrote:

Is "moving" and "being moved" the same for rule purposes?
(With "moving" being the normal move action, "being moved" events or other units' abilities)

Geki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
geki wrote:
SirHandsome wrote:

(With "moving" being the normal move action, "being moved" events or other units' abilities)

Geki
I would say that as it's outside the phase of movement and, strictly speaking, the unit is being moved and is using shadows (in thematic terms) you would be allowed to move it. In short, interpret it as YOU wish as long as both sides know the rules beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geki wrote:

Geki

Yes, since Stun does not limit itself to just the movement phase. Though movement phase is indeed the standard phase for movement, through several events in the game units can be moved during the event phase, and some powers let units move after the movement phase and that is also still considered movement

Precedent is set by the FAQ where it says that moving a unit with "Chant of Haste" (Jungle Elves event) counts as moving for the purposes of one of their champion's "Power Shot" ability (which says it only activates if that unit is not moved before attacking)

But then there are other Event cards in the game that say things like "Place" or "Exchange places with", and those don't use the keyword moving so they are exempt

That's also how it works in most other games with rule-breaking cards anyway; the literal words used are often all you have to go off of when two cards seem to contradict or interact with each other, and a good rule of thumb seems to be that effects that say a player cant do something trump effects that say he can
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.