Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
I am not a WWI fan. However the posts here and the comments are making this topic interesting for me.
Why would I buy this over or play this over say Guns of August or someold WWII game?

No need to bombard me with reasons if they exist elsewhere, just point me to a post or tell me to go back to the East front.

This looks compelling I particularly like the designers recent missive about what this game is and is not.

I looking hard at a pre order, help me get there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kev

I have this game. And it rocks! Excellent game. Check out the vassal mod. A very nice one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
I am not a WWI fan. However the posts here and the comments are making this topic interesting for me.
Why would I buy this over or play this over say Guns of August or someold WWII game?

No need to bombard me with reasons if they exist elsewhere, just point me to a post or tell me to go back to the East front.

This looks compelling I particularly like the designers recent missive about what this game is and is not.

Hey there. I believe TTLM to be somewhat simple in respect to most games I've seen you post videos on during the years.

Here's my review of the game, from the perspective of a PoG fan:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/717793/a-long-time-fan-o...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:

World War One interests me because (for better or worse...) it set the course for the 20th century and beyond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Gorgoneion wrote:
hipshot wrote:

Hey there. I believe TTLM to be somewhat simple in respect to most games I've seen you post videos on during the years.

Thank Piero. Nice review. Simple is good! I don't know why I choose hard games. It just happens...robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Gorgoneion wrote:
hipshot wrote:

Thank Piero. Nice review. Simple is good! I don't know why I choose hard games. It just happens...robot

Yeah, I may have not have expressed myself appropriately: the game's somewhat simple, but not simplistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Ok. I'm in. Pre order placed. Looks cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a number of excellent WW1 games available if you take a look

Marne - Hexasim
Somme - Nuts
Strat..1916 - Europa Simualzioni

All come to mind.
This will add to that collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.