Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael peterson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just need more opinions. I just got done painting my first 4 of the Allied infantry and thought it would be great to put a base on them. I did and it looks great. It just doesn't look that functional. I got a different case for them so they wont be jostled around and such. Here is the link to pic:

What do you all think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's pretty awesome, but a lot of work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
My only regret is that I have but one thumb to give!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think they look great!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Really really nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody K
Australia
Perth
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Nerdgasm.

I seriously want to learn to paint, at least to an extremely basic level, just so I can fluff around with the grassy bases. Too bad I have zero artistic or craft ability.

But I guess this will be bad for the winter scenarios... am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
debawv wrote:
I just need more opinions. I just got done painting my first 4 of the Allied infantry and thought it would be great to put a base on them. I did and it looks great. It just doesn't look that functional. I got a different case for them so they wont be jostled around and such. Here is the link to pic:

http://imgur.com/LhqrT
http://imgur.com/bp20B

What do you all think?

To base! To base!!

Very cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought for storage. I use the magnetic bases under my figures (they are on this website as a download, and can be printed on magnetic sheet material with an inkjet printer). I affix them with double-stick tape in case I ever want to remove them. Then, I use a very thin piece of K & S tin in the base of a plastic case to hold them all upright. It was about $2 for the tin (but you need to buy a sheet that will hold about 100 figs @ $3.50), and $6 for three sheets of the magnetic sheets that produce many bases. Another option is to buy a roll of magnetic tape (Hobby Lobby has it for about $3) and cut it to fit. It is already sticky on one side and saves on the double-stick tape. I have used the latter technique for basing 1/72nd figs that I use in Mem44.
I haven't gone beyond painting the bases in some appropriate ground color, usually different for different countries or forces, as no matter how much scenic cement, white glue, PVA or whatever I use, there always seems to be some found loose somewhere. But your troops look so good, I am tempted to revise that thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody K
Australia
Perth
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Why use magnetic bases? Is it to stick them to something for storage so they don't rattle around and chip the paint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's why I use them. It keeps the figures in good shape. The magnetic basing is also very good for the 1/72nd figures that I use, as it makes it easy to select a different grouping of figures for various situations, e.g. a mortar man or panzerfaust, as they are all visible and easy to select. For gameplay, I use large metal washers painted green with small felt feet under the washer. The figures cling to the washer. It makes for a nice visual appearance and still allows figures to be moved as a group and removed as hits occur, without damaging the gameboard, or in my case the plexiglass over the gameboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael peterson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Although only one person answered the question. For full disclosure I did get the color palate from this helpful guide:

I really like the magnet idea and will give that a go I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.