Ross Menzies
Australia
Katoomba
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this work? No matter how I attempt to put in an Australian postcode it gives me the message 'Invalid postalcode/country'. I want to search for players within a certain distance of where I live - wasting my time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not know there was this function at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I think it only works for US users... and even then not very well. Another "feature" that needs serious attention.

I think it would be extremely useful if implemented well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jolly good idea -- here, here & there, there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatul√Ľk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
nexttothemoon wrote:
I think it only works for US users... and even then not very well. Another "feature" that needs serious attention.

I think it would be extremely useful if implemented well.

Yep. The problem is, that:

http://boardgamegeek.com/users.php

currently only works for the US (I think).

- Find Gamers has a max distance of 100 miles (as if the US wasn't bigger; or the world, for that matter)

- Finder Gamers w/ Google Maps doesn't recognize foreign ZIP codes (and adding a "," after it + the town's name or the country, won't be recognized either - whereas when you do that on the google maps site, you will get a pull down list of possible locations with such a ZIP code)

So, dear Admins: please give this feature a serious overhaul with the site revamp. The world doesn't end at the US border! Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to everybody!

I cannot revelate any details for the time being, but I'm about to launch GetGamers, a brand new app for smart-phones and tablets that will allow to search for gamers all over the world!

Stay tuned!

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Menzies
Australia
Katoomba
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viki3m wrote:

I cannot revelate any details for the time being, but I'm about to launch GetGamers, a brand new app for smart-phones and tablets that will allow to search for gamers all over the world!

Do they have built in binoculars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds intriguing! Keep us in the loop!
Viki3m wrote:
Hi to everybody!

Stay tuned!

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking for something like this. It's a pity that BGG doesn't have a better system.

Googling, I found a list: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?372312-A-List-of-Player-...

http://nearbygamers.com/ looks nice.

I posted this at another thread:

Us go players used to have a site called igolocal (now a restaurantfinder?) where users could register themselves an their location (approximate) on a google maps layer. It also allowed you to register a "dojo", a group of users meeting at a particular location. Sadly it died. I wonder if a more general approach, where bgg users could list themselves and games they'd like to find players for, would suceed.

Edit: After checking FFG's map feature, the crowding (several players together as one circle) feature, seems exactly the same. A common library?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.