Popular Tags: [View All]
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 questions before I play my first session later on tonight:

1.- Adjacency: Either for attacking or assisting, are creatures whose squares touch diagonally adjacent to each other?

2.- Hazardous terrain: The total effect when moving through hazardous terrain is losing 10 HP, regardless of the number of hazardous terrain squares the creature went through. Is this correct? (And yes, there is another 10 HP damage if the creature ends his movement on a hazardous terrain square).

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Echtalion wrote:
I have 2 questions before I play my first session later on tonight:

1.- Adjacency: Either for attacking or assisting, are creatures whose squares touch diagonally adjacent to each other?

Yes.
Quote:

2.- Hazardous terrain: The total effect when moving through hazardous terrain is losing 10 HP, regardless of the number of hazardous terrain squares the creature went through. Is this correct? (And yes, there is another 10 HP damage if the creature ends his movement on a hazardous terrain square).

Pretty close.

The actual rule is that the miniature takes 10 damage for the first hazardous square it enters during *each activation*. (An activation is the entirety of one miniature's turn). Each of your miniatures in hazardous terrain then takes 10 damage at the end of your turn.

This becomes important when dealing with Forced Movement. If you force an opponent's creature into hazardous terrain, it takes 10 damage (first entering during an activation). If a different creature then forces that opponent's creature into hazardous terrain again, it'll take another 10 damage (different activation). However, it the forced movement ends with it on the Hazardous terrain, it won't take an extra 10 damage for finishing the movement there because it isn't the end of its controller's turn.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adjacent and Wall corners though, you can not walk diagonal to a wall corner But can you melee past a wall corner?

we played not but not sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can melee past a wall corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.