Subject: Solitaire Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing this game with my Battle Tactics variant for quite a time now. That variant prevents one side from getting more than two consecutive turns, which is great for those of us who can't stand seeing our mighty army come down to pieces due to three or four consecutive enemy blows.

However, today I woke up with a desire of more chaos of battle. So I came up with this simple solitaire variant:

- There is only one deck, as in the regular game.

- When an enemy card is revealed, those units will attack or advance towards your troops (unless scenario rules say something different, of course).

- When one of your cards is revealed, you can:
a) Play it.
b) Keep it in your hand, playing another card from your hand.
c) Keep it in your hand without playing any card (surely you'll only do this when the enemy is still at a distance).
Anyway, you can't keep more than 3 cards (or 4 if you prefer an easier game). ninja

I suppose this variant won't work with two players, since knowing the cards saved by your opponent is no fun. zombie

Good luck, generals! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good ideas

I don't think I'll have any trouble playing with one of my kiddos when they get a little older and want to break this one out

but if I do, I'll use some of these ideas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Allen
United States
New Hope
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds a bit like how "Commands & Colors: Ancients" works. (It also has a General ability that determines the number of cards you can keep in your hand.)

Could divide the cards by army, use a die for who draws the next card? Then you could keep them secret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.