Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Best "Solo Conquest" Scores to keep the track =) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Canela
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Hi All, not sure if there is already a thread for this.

I am so happy I finally was able to win a solo conquest after 4 games...

I think I was a bit lucky as I got the Tornado Spell at the very final fight on my hand (I won it one turn before that) my units received all the damage (they were all resistant to every element as I had "Altem Guardians" activated)...

I am sure is not even close to the best scores but still it is my first win.

Final Score 168

feel free to share yours!

Cheers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Luis,

I've won one out of three games for 152 points. Now you and I can sit back and start reading scores that are WAY better than ours.....

Rob
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim OConnor
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Took me 3 games to finally win. I think your score was higher than mine

Now I'm playing at level 6 (and 10). Can't seem to beat those levels with norowas yet...but I'll hopefully get there
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this thread out: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/738704/post-solo-high-scores....

In recent memory, my best solo score is 230, although I think I've scored higher but can't remember.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Best score I've got is 214, with Goldyx.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. snowMan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of my earlier scores were in the 150-190 range. Once I realized that trying to finish early was a waste of points, I now roam the core city tiles trying to smack down everything I can while looping back to the 2nd city about midway through the 3rd night.

My Highscore is 240 something (I can't find my record sheet). This involves getting 140+ in base fame.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the bonus you get from unplayed dummy cards and unplayed rounds is generally less than the points you get from more adventuring and conquering.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmb
Hmmm... maybe I'll come back and discuss my score after a few more games. zombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Major
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm coming to the conclusion that scoring 200+ at the "standard" level is pretty much "beating the game". Haven't reached that in a 20+ games yet...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure scores of 300+ are possible. I came close once with 289 but I'm beginning to think that was a fluke. I'm still playing with cities at levels 5 and 8. I'm not sure that raising the levels would raise my score, as I'd probably end up having to waste more turns attacking the same city and taking more wounds as a result.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Four solo games thus far and I've managed to win once with a score of 176.

(I thought I'd won once before but a rules mistake invalidated the result, sigh)

Although I think I've made it overly hard on myself by mistakenly using 8 countryside tiles instead of 7 in solo, oops. blush As a result I've had to race past several targets (usually keeps and ruins) to try and find the cities with enough time to take them out.

My one victory was sweet, though. The level 8 city was blue and I'd killed 3 of the 4 dudes in it the first try. The last guy left was white and the usual nasty mix of heavily resistant and fortified.

I used Call to Arms to benefit from the Freezers in the unit offer to keep him from attacking, then Magic Talented my way to Expose, which removed all of his resistances. It was a relatively simple matter of then pulling the required attack together.

I love this game, I wish I didn't suck so bad. I've beaten my main opponent precisely once (his very first game) and since then I'm 0 for about 15.

pk
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dalesandry
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
I'm sure scores of 300+ are possible. I came close once with 289 but I'm beginning to think that was a fluke. I'm still playing with cities at levels 5 and 8. I'm not sure that raising the levels would raise my score, as I'd probably end up having to waste more turns attacking the same city and taking more wounds as a result.


I find that raising the levels does indeed raise your score, because by the end game you are so powerful that a few extra guys just get tossed into the meat grinder and end up as more points.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sirris wrote:
woodnoggin wrote:
I'm sure scores of 300+ are possible. I came close once with 289 but I'm beginning to think that was a fluke. I'm still playing with cities at levels 5 and 8. I'm not sure that raising the levels would raise my score, as I'd probably end up having to waste more turns attacking the same city and taking more wounds as a result.


I find that raising the levels does indeed raise your score, because by the end game you are so powerful that a few extra guys just get tossed into the meat grinder and end up as more points.



Still, Rich has the undisputed highest solo score on these forums, so if he says he's playing at 5 and 8, I'm inclined to believe that's the best way of getting a high score. Rich, did you happen to record that game? 289 seems ridiculously high to me. I think I got somewhere in the neighbourhood of 260 one time, but have been unable to repeat this since, my highest score in recent memory being 230.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
Still, Rich has the undisputed highest solo score on these forums, so if he says he's playing at 5 and 8, I'm inclined to believe that's the best way of getting a high score. Rich, did you happen to record that game? 289 seems ridiculously high to me. I think I got somewhere in the neighbourhood of 260 one time, but have been unable to repeat this since, my highest score in recent memory being 230.


I posted a breakdown here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9526136#9526136

The more I play, the more I realise how things went incredibly well in that game. The dummy player gave me more turns than you'd expect on average and the spells and artifacts available worked well against all the high-fame enemies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you happen to engage multiple enemies at once? Five marauding dragons seems like a lot for one game. I know in my high score game, I reported that I was able to challenge multiple enemies at once, which made my turns more efficient. I suspect your four keeps helped you have the hand size to accomplish this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
Did you happen to engage multiple enemies at once? Five marauding dragons seems like a lot for one game. I know in my high score game, I reported that I was able to challenge multiple enemies at once, which made my turns more efficient. I suspect your four keeps helped you have the hand size to accomplish this.


I always try to fight extra enemies if possible (and if it's not going to bring me too many wounds), just to save actions. If you've got decent ranged attacks, you can do without blocking, which also improves efficiency. You're right about the keeps helping this - the large hand size is really useful. Once I've conquered some early keeps, I hope for the White City to show up later, with its adjacent keep. You can conquer that and have a nice hand size for taking out the city next turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hannes
United States
New Windsor
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
My personal best is 281... Goldyx with city levels 8 and 11. I'll be posting a thorough play by play (with pics) soon. I finished up in Round 5 so I guess if I'd stalled I could have broken 300.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmb
xanalor wrote:
My personal best is 281... Goldyx with city levels 8 and 11. I'll be posting a thorough play by play (with pics) soon. I finished up in Round 5 so I guess if I'd stalled I could have broken 300.

I'll look forward to the session report! I'll plan to add you on the scoreboard with the highest reported score for Goldyx...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.