Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played mines liberation scenario 2 times (a 2 and 3 player game) and me and my brother agreed that it was the most interesting scenario. You get a lot of stuff to do and you can pick up a lot more spells and artifacts than the normal conquest game. What do you guys think? What do you like (or don't like) about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mines Liberation is an excellent scenario that provides welcome variety from conquest scenarios. I think this scenario would play much differently with PvP than without. It is hard to liberate the mines early on without taking wounds, and taking wounds can be risky if PvP is allowed. I played the scenario twice (two player), and I liked it both times, but we didn't come close to liberating all the mines.

I don't think I am ready to say that any scenario is the best yet. I simply haven't tried all the scenarios enough times yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played mines lib twice, also DL and DN twice. I like them all, not sure if I have a favourite as they all play different. One thing though is that I begun to enjoy them more than full conquest, helped by the fact that they are also a bit shorter.

However, I then went back to full conquest and really enjoyed that too. I think I just like the game too much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Mines Liberation fine but I think I won both times without bothering to liberate many mines. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
However, I then went back to full conquest and really enjoyed that too. I think I just like the game too much

Yeah. If this game played in an hour or less, I'd probably be in real trouble. As it is, I have to set aside enough time for it that I can't just spend all my time playing Mage Knight. It's dangerous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
...I can't just spend all my time playing Mage Knight. It's dangerous.

Why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wife, job, cat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mines Liberation is one of my favourite scenarios as well. The rewards for liberating the mines is high, but not so high that you cannot win without them, as David points out above. But the risk of going into a mine matches well with the reward; you have to face an unseen enemy. In my last game I went onto the first mine without even levelling up first. I did have one ally, the Utem Guardsmen. There was a summoner and... a medusa. The summoner summoned... another medusa. (Spends all cards blocking.) Well, guess I'll try again next turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.