Subject: Search cards - One time or Reusable??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nyi Nyi Htun
Australia
Newcastle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Search items like potions do not say discarded after using,so are they flip back at the start of the hero turn?? If it is so, it seems overpowered.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Kreiner-Møller
Denmark
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say one time use... You cannot drink a potion more than once!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Grenon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You keep the card in your play area after flipping it over because even if you used it is still converted into it gold in the campaign mode.

See page 20 in the Rules of Play book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Moore
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You turn the card face down after use. You can only use it once. This is so you can still gain the gold after using it, instead of discarding it you keep it to remind you of its worth in gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Zepik
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I had this same question until I went over the campaign rules again.

When you use an item on a search card the card is flipped over and kept on front of you. At the end of the quest (QUEST not encounter) you tally up all the gold amounts on all used and unused items and receive that much gold for the party. After that all search cards are taken back and put in the pile. This happens whether you used them or not. So this means that the search deck is refilled to 12 cards at the start of every quest.

So don't be stingy with the potions because you can't keep them forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you are confusing "flipping" with "exhausting". They are not the same. Exhausted cards are rotated sideways (see the box on page 8 of the rules) and "refreshed" at the start of your turn. There is no mechanic that allows you to unflip a card, as far as I'm aware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.