Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Hall
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the ability to alter it: any form (e.g. post comments) with a button titled "submit" should have that button's text reworded. Were I a follower of Islam I would submit to Allah but I should never have to "submit" to a webpage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shall1028 wrote:
If you have the ability to alter it: any form (e.g. post comments) with a button titled "submit" should have that button's text reworded. Were I a follower of Islam I would submit to Allah but I should never have to "submit" to a webpage.

I don't think it means what you think it means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This, I think, needs to be RSP'd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
mbmbmbmbmb
verb (used with object)
to give over or yield to the power or authority of another (often used reflexively).

to subject to some kind of treatment or influence.

to present for the approval, consideration, or decision of another or others: to submit a plan; to submit an application.

to state or urge with deference; suggest or propose (usually followed by a clause): I submit that full proof should be required.

There are many words with multiple defintions. I think that it is very obvious that a submission to a webpage falls within definition 3 above and has nothing to do with worship of any kind. Keep the word as it is. I have no intention of submitting my body, mind or spirit to a webpage, but I might submit a picture or a comment, such as I just did here. My God understands the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Reminds me of of the funny homonym of the trash management company when I lived in Manhattan, Ks: Refuse Control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: "Submission" this!
'moi' MUCH 'preferred' the "Dominance" aspect regarding thus! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
'moi' MUCH 'preferred' the "Dominance" aspect regarding thus! whistle

Great record...ME262..etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes its hard to tell when somebody is just trying to be funny, or whether they are trolling.

However, it reminds me of the hoo-hah a decade back over hard drives being referred to as "master" and "slave".

For awhile I took it as inspiration to label my primary drive as "wife" and the secondary drive as "husband".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.