Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have owned the 1st edition with most of the expansions (except Altar of Madness and Sea of Blood) for a while now and for the same amount of time it's been on my to-do list to paint the monsters. However, now with 2nd edition coming (I'm getting the conversion kit), I've come to terms with the fact that I will never get to painting everything. So I'm looking for recommendations of where I can get my monsters painted for a reasonable price and with good quality. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Sasso
Italy
Mondovì
Cuneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should visit a painting forum and ask for commission painters.

I can point you to CoolMiniOrNot

http://www.coolminiornot.com/

and i know others, but unfortunately they are italian forums.

Also, look at your local gamimg clubs and search for guys who accept commissions. There are many good painters here on BGG also, try to look at the images on the "creative gallery" and contact the ones you like most.

I've painted many Descent figures and i could offer myself, but i really miss the spare time and i would be slow.

Lawrence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Blair
United States
Fayetteville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Finding a pro to paint the figures is a great idea, but may be rather expensive because of the number of figures. I suggest you check at your local game store. There may be people that would paint the figures for you at a very reasonable price or for free. The quality may not be as high as having a pro paint them, but will likely be fine for gaming. Actually, it helps that you are only looking to get the monsters painted, they are much easier to paint than the heroes.

I rarely have opponents available to play my games, but enjoy painting the figures. So, I sometimes paint the figures and swap them for unpainted figures. Indeed, I am currently painting the figures from Descent 2E and have already agreed to swap them with a player with whom I previously swapped the 1E figures. It works well for both of parties -- the players get painted figures and I get a continuing source of figures to paint at minimal cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.