4 Posts

Mare Balticum» Forums » Rules

Subject: Starting Fish tokens in Port?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quentin Quek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought this wonderful game over the weekend and played it quite a few times with my aged parents. (They love it!)

I have one rule question though:
For the initial setup, should there be Fish tokens on the 5 Sea Port spaces as they are a light blue water spaces too? I was looking through the rule book but there was no mention otherwise, while the image there shows no fish tokens...
If the image is suppose to be a guide, why is there only 1 fish token on the highest dark blue space?? Although this doesn't affect the gameplay much, I would still like to hear a clarification. Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Spearmint - A Different Lifetime
mbmbmbmbmb
Am away on hol so don't have the game with me but am certain there is something somewhere that says not to put fish in the 5 port areas. Have certainly always played it that way.

And you're right, it's a great little game!

cheers, neil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chunb wrote:
For the initial setup, should there be Fish tokens on the 5 Sea Port spaces as they are a light blue water spaces too? I was looking through the rule book but there was no mention otherwise, while the image there shows no fish tokens...

It may not be explicitly mentioned, but I'm quite sure that the intent is that fish tokens are never placed in the port water spaces, as confirmed by the set-up diagram. This makes thematic sense as well - the idea of the game is that you go out of the harbour to do your fishing.

chunb wrote:
If the image is suppose to be a guide, why is there only 1 fish token on the highest dark blue space?? Although this doesn't affect the gameplay much, I would still like to hear a clarification. Thank you

You're quite right, this is a mistake in the rulebook. My 10 year-old-son picked this up as well when reading the rules the first time. At the time I checked with the designer, who confirmed that the deep water (dark blue) area at the very top in the set-up diagram should show two fish tokens in it, not one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Quek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much to all of you for the reply. Just played a couple more times with my little niece and nephew too. Having fishes at the port seems too effortless too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.