Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Bryant
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

This will be my first year at Gen Con, and I was wondering whether there would be any public space available for pick-up games aside from the scheduled "events." In particular, I would love to play 6-player Virgin Queen or Dominant Species (both GMT games) if others were interested and able to join.

Sorry for asking about what to most must be obvious, but I am struggling to get my head around the way Gen Con operates.

Best,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get passes to the pick up play room and game library, set-up the game you want to play, and put up a flag saying players are wanted.

I would imagine you'd have no problem finding people to play Dominant Species.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play at empty tables, you will at least want to make sure that everyone you are hosting the game for has a GenCon badge for the day displayed. The monitors can be rightfully picky.

And understand if your game runs over and they ask you to make the table available for a scheduled event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jl alexander
United States
bellbrook
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year I was able to find a couple of people on the boards looking for players to schedule "bigger" games like Dune and Merchant of Venus.

I haven't seen any thus far this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bryant
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the good advice.

I tried to find other threads on topic, but searched gen con and came up empty (that is, I had a thousand hits but none of the first hundred were relevant). Any suggestions as to how to find those other threads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jl alexander
United States
bellbrook
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the slow reply Chris.

I have only seen one list so far.

This one
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/143324/games-id-like-t...

If you would like to start a GeekList and title it something like:
Looking for Players for Virgin Queen and Dominant Species at Gen Con.
You may be able to recruit players for a specific schedule of your liking. Let me know if you do so.

I have searched for Gen Con in the GeekLists and the above list is the only one that I have found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.