Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasper L.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm looking to get into Warhammer: Invasion and am wondering what the card distribution is for this game? Do you get the full 3x copies in the core set. If not, how mandatory is it to buy another core set for deck building or can I just expand to an expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, like all FFG LCG Core Sets, W:I Core does NOT come with 3x every card. You get between 1 and 3 copies, depending on the card.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/46095/core-set-spoiler...

has the distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcueid wrote:
I'm looking to get into Warhammer: Invasion and am wondering what the card distribution is for this game? Do you get the full 3x copies in the core set. If not, how mandatory is it to buy another core set for deck building or can I just expand to an expansion?

Unless you play competitively with someone who buys everything you don't need to buy more than one core set. If you get hooked you can start buying expansions, they're more fun than extra core sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Morten said.

If you just want to check out the game, one core set will provide you with plenty of quality gaming. If you like the mechanics and want to try your hand at deckbuilding, or would simply like to add some variety, get expansions. If you want to build highly competitive decks eventually, you'll need another core set or two, but until then, there are better options.

This is just the way FFG choses to publish all its LCG core sets. If they had three copies of every card, the price would go up, if they reduced the number of cards to prevent that, there would be less variety in just the core set and you wouldn't get as thorough an impression of the possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper L.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is the core set distribution similar to A Game of Thrones? Some have said that the decks are a bit lacking in that game. Doesn't seem like an issue in Warhammer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper L.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is the core set distribution similar to A Game of Thrones? Some have said that the decks are a bit lacking in that game due to single copies of multiple base cards. Doesn't seem like an issue in Warhammer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AGOT has mostly only 1 copy per card, only a few have 2 or 3 (and these aren't strong ones). This makes things very dependent on the luck of the draw. I also think that one of the factions simply is way stronger than the others in the core set, but I haven't been playing AGOT long, so take that with a grain of salt.

The Invasion core set has a more varied distribution, which makes things a bit less random. The factions are quite balanced, but they lend themselves to different approaches more than the AGOT core set ones, so if you favor a certain style, it might appear like they are not balanced. It's the kind of situation where you find "X is overpowered!" threads for every one of the factions in online forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Planetary wrote:
The factions are quite balanced, but they lend themselves to different approaches more than the AGOT core set ones, so if you favor a certain style, it might appear like they are not balanced.

I think this statement demonstrates why you think the core sets in AGoT aren't balanced - it's actually worse in AGoT, in that the difference in playstyle can be quite extreme, so you really have to understand the strengths of your deck and play in that style to succeed.

(Also, the 2 copy cards that aren't basic resource locations ARE strong ones in AGoT - Rhaegal and especially Robert Baratheon are the powerhouses of those decks.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
(Also, the 2 copy cards that aren't basic resource locations ARE strong ones in AGoT - Rhaegal and especially Robert Baratheon are the powerhouses of those decks.)

I know, I was referring to the 3 copy cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.