Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Berryhill
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This has come up for me while playing Hunt for Gollum:

1. If a guarded objective comes up post questing per the quest mechanic and the subsequent treachery card resolves leaving it unguarded can I claim it as I have quested successfully in order to trigger the mechanic or must I wait and grab it only when I have just quested successfully as a sort of immediate response? Hope that makes sense.

2. If I have an uguarded objective in the staging area but need to claim it before moving on to part three of HfG (or else I can't progress) and I have enough progress to get to stage three at the same time, how does the timing resolve? Can I claim the objective before going on or does the quest flip up before grabbing the objective forcing me to reset the second stage because I don't have the objective needed? Or is does this happen simultaneousl and I get to decide?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Predfang wrote:
1. If a guarded objective comes up post questing per the quest mechanic and the subsequent treachery card resolves leaving it unguarded can I claim it as I have quested successfully in order to trigger the mechanic or must I wait and grab it only when I have just quested successfully as a sort of immediate response? Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, didn't see the "post questing" part. Are you, since we're talking HFG, referring to 1B's Forced? In that case, no, you have to wait until the questing phase of the next turn to be able to claim it.

Quote:
2. If I have an uguarded objective in the staging area but need to claim it before moving on to part three of HfG (or else I can't progress) and I have enough progress to get to stage three at the same time, how does the timing resolve? Can I claim the objective before going on or does the quest flip up before grabbing the objective forcing me to reset the second stage because I don't have the objective needed? Or is does this happen simultaneousl and I get to decide?

Questing successfully response trigger is met when WP > threat, but before any progress is placed, so you can grab the Objective the very turn you'll complete stage 2, just before you hit stage 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berryhill
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes I was referring to the forced on 1B. Thanks for the responses. I was playing it like you suggest for my first question, and the same for my second, just wondered if I was doing it right. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.