Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Genestealer spawns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Holm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
This has probably been asked a million times but I need clarification of this matter.

Lets say that 3 blips are placed in a corridor right next to each other. A space marine enters that corridor and the first blip is relieved. This shows a 1 so one genestealer is placed. The space marine takes the shot and kills the genestealer.

Now the next blip is turned and it show a 3. How many genestealers are actually placed?

My common sense would say 1. Because there is another blip behind it and there was another genestealer in front of it so it would be impossible to place a new genestealer in the square that just contained the genestealer that was just shot by the space marine..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Finn
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Sunken warplane
mbmbmbmbmb
You would place two Genestealers. One in the space originally occupied by the blip that was converted, and a second in the only other open space available (in front of the blip). That fact the open square was just moments ago occupied by a Genestealer that is now dead is irrelevant; the square is open at the moment of combat resolution, and that is all that matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that no genestealer may be placed in between the converted blip and the Terminator. So I would say 1. It is like this in 1st edition rules (the ones I know best), but I had assumed they are the same in 3rd so that is how I've been playing it. I don't have 3rd edition to hand though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RULES:
Quote:
Involuntary Conversion
If at any time during the turn a Space Marine can draw a line of sight to a blip (see Shoot Actions) then it is automatically and immediately revealed....allowing the Space Marine to see a blip. This would be involuntary conversion ...Placing Revealed Genestealers When a blip is revealed, one Genestealer is placed on the space the blip was occupying. Any additional Genestealers must be placed in an empty square adjacent to the first....while the Space Marine player gets to place the models if the blip was involuntarily revealed.

...So the answer would be: one genestealer is placed in the space of the blip, then genestealers are placed in adjacent squares to the first by the marine player, it there are less spaces available or not any genestealer models left in the box, they are forfeited. There is no mention of "closer to the marine".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.