Subject: Selling shares to pay fines rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if there is a strict order for selling shares to pay fees?

If I have a show on tour, and we owe a double-fee between the shareholders, what happens if one player chooses to sell the shares in this show and therefore send it back to square one ?

Wouldn't that have an effect on those who chose to pay ?

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The shares that the in-debt player sells will be bought back by the bank at half the regular share-price. HOWEVER! It is first auctioned off amongst the other players. If other players buy the shares, the show stays on the road. If the selling of shares causes the majority share-holder (The Producer) to change, their pawns CHANGE PLACES and the new Producer continues where the old one left off WITH A CLEAN SLATE IN REGARDS TO THE PRODUCER'S BONUS.

If the bank winds up buying even one share, though. The show closes, the Marquee goes back on the board with the empty share(s) avaialable for purchase as before and the producer of the failed show starts back on the inner track in the box office of the failed show.

I hope this helps.

[edit]

Sorry, I forgot to address your main concern. ALL FEES MUST BE PAID regardless of the outcome for the show. Even if the show closes down and goes back on the market, all players are responsible for their debt.

The player that sells their shares still needs to pay their share of the fees from the proceeds they get from selling their stock. Please keep in mind that you can also sell stock in OTHER shows (like that Dolly share you picked up in case you landed on the Bonus corner that gives you a free share and maybe put you in this position in the first place!) but you CANNOT sell shares from shows that are already open on Broadway.

Moviebuffs wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a strict order for selling shares to pay fees?

If I have a show on tour, and we owe a double-fee between the shareholders, what happens if one player chooses to sell the shares in this show and therefore send it back to square one ?

Wouldn't that have an effect on those who chose to pay ?

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.