Subbuteo» Forums » News

Subject: A News Article on Subbuteo Today rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Don't hang around, 'cause two's a crowd on my cloud, baby.
badge
If I were to hang my head, I'd miss all the rainbows. And I'd drown in raindrops instead.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11341977

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"Playing table football for real can't be reproduced on the Xbox or PlayStation, and for that reason I think there will always be an interest in Subbuteo", says Pete Whitehead, who runs Subbuteoworld, a website he created in June 2000 to sell Subbuteo stuff to fans across the globe.

It has customers in Korea, China, Russia, Hawaii, Australia, South Africa and "even to someone at Buckingham Palace".

I'm one of the ones from Australia who has ordered from Subbuteworld - my Pegasus pitch arrived today.

I almost never play computer games anymore (except for some iPhone apps) but my three year-old son is just beginning to show signs that he will become addicted if given the chance. His eyes light up when we play Subbuteo on the Thomas Tank Engine table though, so I'll push him hard to play the new astropitch and set.

Difficult to say if the new incarnation will catch on with the kids. I mean, there's loads of first person shooters video games but Nerf foam guns went crazy. Perhaps there's still room for a physical football sim?

I played Test Match cricket, a modern version of Subbuteo Cricket, when I was younger and I have much fonder memories of that than the C64 or Amiga games I played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 7 year old son and I have been playing this as of late. We play it on my poker table, with rails, which prevents the guys from flying off the table. Forgot how much fun it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I went with the astropitch and metal goals. I'm thinking that in four years time we'll be playing weekly tournament games.

Right now he's managed to snap off an Inter Milan player and has broken the plastic goals - but he's having a good time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Coppenolle
Belgium
flag msg tools
http://subbuteo-australia.blogspot.be/ could be a good place to meet other players in Australia. It's not easy but it's worth a try...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.