Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not clear on how the Trollshaw Scout's ("TS") ability works, "Scout does not exhaust to attack." Here are some specific questions:
1. If I declare TS as an attacker of my enemy 1 (an enemy engaged with me) and discard a card, can I declare TS as an attacker of enemy 1 again?
2. If I declare TS as an attacker of my enemy 1 and discard a card, can I declare TS as an attacker of my enemy 2?
3. If I declare TS as an attacker of my enemy 1 and discard a card, can I declare TS as an attacker of an enemy engaged with another player since TS is ranged?

I have essentially the same questions for Elladan, which has the power, "After Elladan is declared as an attacker, pay 1 resource from his resource pool to ready him."

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In short, no, yes, and yes. The only think you can't do is declare an attack against the same enemy more than once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks. What is the rule reference on that? I looked at the combat rules and it did not seem especially clear on this point to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
notrub eneg
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 20 of the rules:

After a player’s first attack has resolved, he can declare
another attack against any eligible enemy target that he
has not yet attacked this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note though, that you can attack the same enemy the same round with the same character several times in different player(subphase)turns.

Let's say, you play the game with three players, you are player A and first player. Player B has an enemy X. You start your attack subphase and attack X with ranged (without any help of player B, since he may not help you in your attack subphase with his enemies). Then in the attack subphase of player B, you attack X together with at least one character of player B again, with your same ranged character (assumed he is ready again, meanwhile). You cannot attack X in the attack subphase of player C, since it's neither your attack subphase, nor is X engaged with player C. Should meanwhile X be engaged with C, you can attack X again, if you have some help from player C (you cannot use ranged outside of your own attack subphase, if you have no help from the player whos active subphase it is).

Note also, that you can defend and attack with the same character, assumed he is ready again after the defense, and before the attack.

Third note, that characters who do not exhaust for defense or attack must nevertheless be ready to defend or attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Miller
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hermjard wrote:
Note though, that you can attack the same enemy the same round with the same character several times in different player(subphase)turns.

Let's say, you play the game with three players, you are player A and first player. Player B has an enemy X. You start your attack subphase and attack X with ranged (without any help of player B, since he may not help you in your attack subphase with his enemies). Then in the attack subphase of player B, you attack X together with at least one character of player B again, with your same ranged character (assumed he is ready again, meanwhile). You cannot attack X in the attack subphase of player C, since it's neither your attack subphase, nor is X engaged with player C. Should meanwhile X be engaged with C, you can attack X again, if you have some help from player C (you cannot use ranged outside of your own attack subphase, if you have no help from the player whos active subphase it is).

Note also, that you can defend and attack with the same character, assumed he is ready again after the defense, and before the attack.

Third note, that characters who do not exhaust for defense or attack must nevertheless be ready to defend or attack.

bravo Sir, bravo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
Hermjard wrote:

With a Rivendel Blade or two, now I can forsee Trollshaw scouts as excellent way of keep chipping away Durin's Bane's defence away for every player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.