Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going through my favorite moment of each movie in The Dark Knight trilogy. Entry for Rises tentative since I've only seen it once:

Batman Begins: Crane's fear toxin hallucination of Batman as an ink-black demon.

The Dark Knight: The hidden pencil trick.

The Dark Knight Rises: The scene where Selina sells Wayne's fingerprints and the cops show up. How she constantly changes from kick ass woman to screaming victim and back again was awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
The entire third movie was a highlight for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having a hard time getting past "princess Mia thermopolous of genovia" and "ella of frell" as catwoman.
(yeah I live with a preteen girl).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
No question in my mind is the whole scene including the vanishing pencil by Heath Ledger. One of the greatest performances in film history by that man. I have no question in my mind that had he lived Ledger would have been remembered up there with the best in Hollywood history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I found the first two movies from Nolan less great, I did LOVE this last one. It was superb, for the most part.

I liked any of the Joker's parts in the 2nd movie but everything else was awful. In the first one, hmmm...I just liked watching the origin stuff, basically, because otherwise it wasn't so hot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the parts where I had no idea what Bane was saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:

One of my friend also swears he couldn't understand a word Bane was saying. Everyone else seemed to hear him just fine, I happened to think he was quite eloquently spoken myself. Weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:

Agreed. I had problems understanding him in a few parts myself.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I was let down when for the entire movie, Bane was the tough, mush-mouthed, muscle-headed bad guy, and then...one tear later he was shot & killed from the bat cycle to be left in a heap, thrown against the wall, never to be spoken of again. Then we're left with the ridiculous mastermind of the entire ordeal who I can only picture in my mind as Owen Wilson's "love" interest from Midnight in Paris.

I liked that scarecrow (Cillian Murphy) was the "judge"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
degamer wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:

One of my friend also swears he couldn't understand a word Bane was saying. Everyone else seemed to hear him just fine, I happened to think he was quite eloquently spoken myself. Weird.

This is an ongoing trend. People either understood him just fine or not a word. There's no middle ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
I am having a hard time getting past "princess Mia thermopolous of genovia" and "ella of frell" as catwoman.
(yeah I live with a preteen girl).

Or Jake Gyllenhaal's beard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
degamer wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:

This is an ongoing trend. People either understood him just fine or not a word. There's no middle ground.

Count me as middle ground. I think I caught everything except maybe 4-5 lines. I can't wait to watch with subtitles because I hate missing anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The best part of the third film was when some thug was shooting an assault rifle at Batman in a dark tunnel and you only catch glimpses of him in the light of the gunfire as he runs at his attacker. I had flash-backs to the animated series there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
degamer wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:

I understood 90% of it. could it be cinema sound system related? it seemed the bits I missed were just too much bass noise?

my favorite part: cat woman's boots.

ah, yeah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
thermogimp wrote:
The best part of the third film was when some thug was shooting an assault rifle at Batman in a dark tunnel and you only catch glimpses of him in the light of the gunfire as he runs at his attacker. I had flash-backs to the animated series there.

one of my favorite effects in cinematography. same effect is (sort of) used in 'zombie strippers'..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the manatee
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1: the origin story.
#2: Alfred's story about the gems and the forest.
#3: Cat Woman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.