United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Why isn't it red? Not a huge deal, but shouldn't it be red like the red "I" symbol on the cards? Why the choice to make it out of yellow plastic?

Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurny
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I think like the backs of the alien tech cards, they changed the colors between the first and second editions.

At least I'm guessing that's the case - I've got a first edition and mine doesn't match either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Freels
Australia
Rooty Hill (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
soiledshortz wrote:
Why isn't it red? Not a huge deal, but shouldn't it be red like the red "I" symbol on the cards? Why the choice to make it out of yellow plastic?

Because the red dye they were going to use is known to cause hyperactivity in children.

I assume you didn't like my other answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...I thought the symbol was orange. Sorry. I should know better than to trust my memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Zangief, child slammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
soiledshortz wrote:

Just curious.

Maybe, and I am just putting it out there , have you ever been tested on coloursensitivity? Althought you'dd had to see the same colour with the miniture ofcourse... odd.

Uhm maybe you could paint it the colour you think it needs to have yourself? Problem solved...

Nice stuff there brandon . Loving the humor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestion to have my eyes tested, but I'm actually pretty good with colors (just ask my Kindergarten teacher!) But I'll turn the color identification over to someone else:

This is Manny the Meeple. He's the color of the "I" Symbol on the "Isolation Field". He knows that the Isolation field stops all usage of territory bonuses. He also knows that red is the color associated to things stopping, due to it being the color of stop signs.

Manny also knows what yellow is. This beautifully crafted miniature is yellow. Manny doesn't need an eye test (Of course, he doesn't have eyes. But still).

(Manny also knows that this isn't a big deal at all, but he was wondering if there was a reason for the color change)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Zangief, child slammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
LoL Lovely reply Byron Olson.

Manny has quite the nose for colour indeed .

Time for me to cave... although the Isolation field chit looks a bit more orangy to me than manny... I think the opt in for yellowy-orange is... I don't know hahahaha. Maybe it complements the purple and green of the other field generators better ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soiledshortz wrote:
Manny also knows what yellow is. This beautifully crafted miniature is yellow. Manny doesn't need an eye test

I'm afraid maybe he does. That mini is definitely orange.

(...okay, it might be between yellow and orange, but it's a lot close to the color of the fuel discs than it is to the yellow colony skittles...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I swear, I can let this go.

I'm not really talking about the discs. The minis are meant to be a replacement for them, right? I'm talking about the small circles on them and on the alien tech cards that put the isolation field in play. Ignore the disc background, and just look at the small circle with the "I" in it.

Gah. Letting it go now. Noone seems to agree with me or Manny anywho.

I'm just going to shut up now, and go enjoy an all around fun expansion to one of my favorite games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.