Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played The Monster's Hoard tonight, and I learned the hard way, Heroes should stick together.

It was a two player game, so only 2 heroes (the hobbit Thief and the male Disciple). The first encounter was exceptionally easy, we breezed through it no problem. The second encounter, started at full health and could use the glyphs to teleport, so I was a little cocky and sent my thief one way, my disciple the other way. First turn, no bow, so both went to converge in the middle. The thief was hit with a trap, and that stopped his turn dead. The disciple had to run around since now there were monsters on every glyph. Third turn, the thief went down, hard. Since the Disciple was no where near getting to him to pick him up, he had to get himself up. That means do nothing and get hit next turn, dying in one hit. The Disciple went down (no fatigue to heal) and the game was lost quite quickly.

Had the Heroes stuck together, A) they most likely wouldn't have gone down together so someone could pick the other one up and B) this would have allowed for at least one more action a turn, perhaps swaying the game in the Heroes' favor.

Lesson learned, like a good game of Left 4 Dead, Heroes need to stick together.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
any post with a Left4Dead reference should be thumbed multiple times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:

All I could think of after the heroes separated was that Coach wasn't there to knock the hunter off of Ellis and so everybody died...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith

New Hampshire
msg tools
Deefer wrote:

I thought we were moving away from it with the loss of the absurd L4D spawning rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Draffut wrote:
Deefer wrote:

I thought we were moving away from it with the loss of the absurd L4D spawning rules.

Hm, I smell a mod coming up... gah if I only had time!

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athos
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is situational.

If the Heroes stick together on one of the 'race' quests, it is easy for the Overloard to trap them in a room or hallway and then just run the minions to their goal.

So I think there are times when it might be better to split up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The point is that if you are separated and you go down, the overlord will just keep one or two guys near you to keep you down. If you got a buddy, chances are better that you can get up and recover.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.