Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Can I have more than 1 Trajan Tile of people's demand type. E.g 2 Trajan Tiles showing bread, or 2 Helmets.

The same apply to the forum tiles? Can I have 2 Forum tiles showing, for eg, bread?

About the forum tiles, I only discard the one's I've used, correct? For instance, if I can have 2 forum tiles showing bread, and the people demand only one bread, I only discard 1 tile of this type.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Nunesh wrote:
Hello,

Can I have more than 1 Trajan Tile of people's demand type. E.g 2 Trajan Tiles showing bread, or 2 Helmets.

Yes, you can. Of course, this is only any good to you if the double comes out for that particular quarter.

Quote:
The same apply to the forum tiles? Can I have 2 Forum tiles showing, for eg, bread?

Definitely. You keep these until you use them, so stock up early if you like ...

Quote:
About the forum tiles, I only discard the one's I've used, correct? For instance, if I can have 2 forum tiles showing bread, and the people demand only one bread, I only discard 1 tile of this type.

Correct.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nunesh wrote:

Thanks!

A good idea if you have the relevant bonus tile (e.g. bread), especially as you have to satisfy the people before you get the bonus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sant
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
Nunesh wrote:
Hello,

Yes, you can. Of course, this is only any good to you if the double comes out for that particular quarter.

I always thought this was limited to one of each type?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dsant wrote:
Moviebuffs wrote:
Nunesh wrote:
Hello,

Me too. We are talking Trajan Tiles right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dyepbr wrote:
dsant wrote:
Moviebuffs wrote:
Nunesh wrote:
Hello,

It's not limited (but also not very usefull).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't state that in the English rules, so are we assuming because it doesn't limit to one then you can have more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
It doesn't state that in the English rules, so are we assuming because it doesn't limit to one then you can have more?

I've asked that question because in the last game the people demanded 3 breads, and if there were a rule of only one of each type (1 bread forum tile and 1 bread trajan tile) you wouldn't be able to provide for your people and will get the penalization (you have to suppose that there aren't wild forum tiles available for pick up in the board).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
olavf wrote:
dyepbr wrote:
dsant wrote:
Moviebuffs wrote:
Nunesh wrote:
Hello,

It's not limited (but also not very usefull).

In most situations, it's not useful. But in a 2-player game where the top three 'needs' tiles are all bread, etc., then someone would have to bite the bullet and grab a 2nd bread just to uncover the other needs. It's either that or both players scramble to grab needs some other way. Double Trajan needs tiles can also be useful if you happen to have the Senate bonus tile for that particular need.

So, yes. It's legal, but situational in how useful it actually is to have multiples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
In most situations, it's not useful. But in a 2-player game where the top three 'needs' tiles are all bread, etc., then someone would have to bite the bullet and grab a 2nd bread just to uncover the other needs. It's either that or both players scramble to grab needs some other way. Double Trajan needs tiles can also be useful if you happen to have the Senate bonus tile for that particular need.

So, yes. It's legal, but situational in how useful it actually is to have multiples.

The mistake is worrying much about the people's demands at all. There are plenty of actions which score more than 5 points. Certainly you should pick up one of each Trajan tile to satisfy demands if you can do it early in the game, but you should only pick up the forum demand tiles if you have nothing better to do rather than worrying about not satisfying one or two of the demands. Gaining 6 points with an action is better than using an action to avoid losing 4 or 5 points.

Assuming that you can accomplish the Trajan tile before the end of the end of the game, every Trajan tile is worth at least 4 points and usually is worth 7 to 12 points. The point being, your goal should be to get more Trajan tiles and accomplish them as that is the most efficient way in the game to score points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.