Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Warhammer Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Troll Slayer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
msg tools
The troll slayers profile says he starts with a skill, is this his trollslaying skill (S7 on a to hit roll of 6), or does he recieve a random skill from the start?

Thanks
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing. I thought I saw somewhere it says that the Trollslaying Skill is in addition to other skills he has, which leads me to believe you roll for another to start. But that seems odd since it doesn't mention rolling for that skill when playing the Trollslayer in the basic game. I'm wondering if the rulebook in the Trollslayer character pack goes into more detail.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoof66 wrote:
The troll slayers profile says he starts with a skill, is this his trollslaying skill (S7 on a to hit roll of 6), or does he recieve a random skill from the start?

Thanks


Yes, that is his Special Trollslaying Skill. He does not start with another, random Skill. There is no other mention of a Starting Skill in the booklet, except that one.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
msg tools
So the Troll Slayer does not recieve a 2nd skill until lvl 4? I only ask because at lvl 4 he moves up to a (guessing giant slayer) and a lot of his random skill have stats for when he is still a troll slayer. Just seemed very weird to me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoof66 wrote:
So the Troll Slayer does not recieve a 2nd skill until lvl 4? I only ask because at lvl 4 he moves up to a (guessing giant slayer) and a lot of his random skill have stats for when he is still a troll slayer. Just seemed very weird to me.


Ah, that's because it's a misprint on the Battle-Table. He starts with 0 Skills. And then gets 1 at Battle-level 2.

So my fault. The 1 is a misprint and doesn't represent his Trollslayer Skill that he starts with.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
msg tools
the_bummer wrote:
Stoof66 wrote:
So the Troll Slayer does not recieve a 2nd skill until lvl 4? I only ask because at lvl 4 he moves up to a (guessing giant slayer) and a lot of his random skill have stats for when he is still a troll slayer. Just seemed very weird to me.


Ah, that's because it's a misprint on the Battle-Table. He starts with 0 Skills. And then gets 1 at Battle-level 2.

So my fault. The 1 is a misprint and doesn't represent his Trollslayer Skill that he starts with.


Do you have any source where this has been confirmed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoof66 wrote:
the_bummer wrote:
Stoof66 wrote:
So the Troll Slayer does not recieve a 2nd skill until lvl 4? I only ask because at lvl 4 he moves up to a (guessing giant slayer) and a lot of his random skill have stats for when he is still a troll slayer. Just seemed very weird to me.


Ah, that's because it's a misprint on the Battle-Table. He starts with 0 Skills. And then gets 1 at Battle-level 2.

So my fault. The 1 is a misprint and doesn't represent his Trollslayer Skill that he starts with.


Do you have any source where this has been confirmed?


Nope! Purely a deduction based on my experience with WHQ and comparisons to all of the expansion Warriors as well as the regular Dwarf.

See this discussion and my reasoning on the WHQ forum:

http://bwarhammerquest.runboard.com/t89699
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.