Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
I usually don't sleeve my games. The only game i've sleeved is Citadelles because of the black border.

I have played 3 games now and I don't see or feel any wear and tear. But i have no idea what it will be in a few month.

For those who have played a lot, do you recommend sleeving considering you have to shuffle a couple of time per game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Not if you usually don't. I have played this and London (which uses the same card material) a bunch, and haven't noticed any real wear. I have played London, with the real game, more times and for longer, and still haven't noticed any real wear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
bigloo33 wrote:
Not if you usually don't. I have played this and London (which uses the same card material) a bunch, and haven't noticed any real wear. I have played London, with the real game, more times and for longer, and still haven't noticed any real wear.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It may depend on which edition of the game you have; my copy of London has seen 30+ plays with no sleeves and minimal wear on the cards. My first edition A Few Acres, on the other hand, started showing wear on the cards after just a few plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
I own the second edition of A Few Acres of Snow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Owning the limited edition, I decided to sleeve from the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueDane wrote:
Owning the limited edition, I decided to sleeve from the beginning.

Tony are you the guy I played resistance with at Dice Con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I did play resistance late one night, but I was too sleepy to remember names. So I guess yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL it was you, ill see you in miami sometime soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Never sleeve! never surrender!

I mean, mostly it's not worth the hassle if you are the prudent type. If you regularly play on sandy beaches and/or use to spoil food and drinks all over the place then obviously, the answer is yes. However, sleeved cards will not survive a coup-de-pepsi either.

My cards are still in good condition after many plays. Yes, you notice they have been used but that's not a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No one expects the Anne-ish Inquisition!!
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
Never sleeve! never surrender!

I mean, mostly it's not worth the hassle if you are the prudent type. If you regularly play on sandy beaches and/or use to spoil food and drinks all over the place then obviously, the answer is yes. However, sleeved cards will not survive a coup-de-pepsi either.

My cards are still in good condition after many plays. Yes, you notice they have been used but that's not a problem.

The prudent type is a big "If". I usually considered myself the prudent type until recently. I was playing a game no longer in print. Cards were on the table while I was teaching a game to some friends. Someone had jostled the table enough to disturb a glass of water not to the point that it tipped over, but just to slosh a bit of water on the table, and two cards nearby wicked the water right up underneath, partially fusing the cards to the table. After gaming for many years, this was the first time I've had any damage to my games, but of course when it did happen, it had to be a game out of print.

So, if you are playing with a limited edition or out of print game I'd consider sleeving. That or banning beverages from the table top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.