Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
David writes:

Last week I watched others playing this fascinating & original-looking game, so I jumped at the chance to play a game with Bernie & Janet. Janet hadn't played before, either.

As Bernie said, it's a bit like musical chairs in that opportunities for the participants (in this case moles) disappear when the music stops (in this case, the holes!). In the early game Bernie was able to accurately predict what opportunities would be available to Janet or myself. This was because he carefully kept an eye on which of the 6 number discs (1,2,2,3,3,4) each of us had used, and he had an eye for the various maps and their reducing number of holes.

Despite this, Janet was always the front runner. I think she achieved this by dominating one corner of each map, whilst limiting Bernie's options at the same time. Bernie & I seemed to mix our placements more, and I've no idea which approach is the better.

I did level the score with Janet on map two, but she pulled ahead again on map three. Anyway, I won luckily by getting the exact combination (2, then 4) from my 6 face-down discs. The 2 put me on a "draw-again" space, the 4 put in the one and only hole on the last map.

Surviving moles after each map:
David: 4 / 3 / 1
Janet: 5 / 3 / 2
Bernie: 4 / 2 / 1

Bernie & Janet played for second place, with Bernie winning through.

David's rating: 7 (original & fun, possibly good with adult AND younger players?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.