Subject: Learning Curve of this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, my 13 year old son saw this game and wants it, whats the learning curve?..How does it play with 2? How teachable is the game? Are the rules posted anywhere? What game would you compare this too, I have never played a RPG boardgame....Thanks for the help..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays fine with teenagers. I've played with my kids, 7 to 15, and they have no problem grasping the concepts (though the 7 year old still likes playing with the figures more than playing the game).

As for the rules, they're on FFG's website (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com), go to their products, boardgames, descent section and you'll find it in the Support page.

The game itself is akin to other tactical miniature games, i.e. a figure on a board with squares that moves around attacking other figures. There are many boardgames like that, but since I don't know what games you've played I'm not sure which games to compare it to.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the introductory scenario last night with my 8 year old son. He caught on to it very quickly. A teenager will have no touble at all with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is it basically different scenarios you play, how many are there in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's 16 different quests that are intended to be playable as one-shot games (and another four that are intended only for the campaign). Most of them consist of two encounters and are generally playable in about 2-3 hours for the entire quest.

There's also a longer campaign mode, where the players have a persistent hero character that gains strength (both in new skills and new items) as the campaign goes on. It's intended to be played over several sessions, going through 9 of the game's quests, and is estimated to take about 20 hours total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
coco123 wrote:
Hello, my 13 year old son saw this game and wants it, whats the learning curve?..How does it play with 2? How teachable is the game? Are the rules posted anywhere? What game would you compare this too, I have never played a RPG boardgame....Thanks for the help..

I think your son will do fine teaching you the game. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol..Thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.