Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to gather together most of the rules questions from the forum into one post, so below is a FAQ that does that. Answer in most cases are direct from the designer or publisher. Please let me know if anything else should be included or if I have made any mistakes.

Florenza FAQ

Q – Are prestige certificates hidden or open?
A – Hidden.

Q – Are workers limited to the 8 on hand?
A – Yes, any workers a player is entitled to above 8 are lost.

Q – If unable to pay an artist to complete a work, do you lose resources?
A – No, you would not lose the resources for the work, but would lose VP based on the artwork and the named artist.

Q – How does paying to use an opponent’s workshop work?
A – The player using the workshop loses 1 VP and the player who owns the workshop gains 1 VP. A player cannot use another's workshop if at -3 VP.

Q – Can a player build more than one of the same named workshop?
A – Yes

Q – Are the resources available in the game adjusted for the number of players?
A – No

Q – Is there any penalty or loss of income as a result of not using all workers?
A – No, unused workers are returned to the general supply and each player gains workers and income during the income phase.

Q – Are resources limited? Do I get anything from a workshop if the resource it produces is exhausted?
A – Yes, resources are limited in all phases of the game EXCEPT during the die roll in the income phase. A player receives 100 Fiorini in this case instead of the resource rolled.

Q – How exactly do the Cardinal and Bishop titles work, and what happens in a tie?
A – The player with the most Church influence at the end of a turn is named Bishop, in the case of a tie no player is named bishop.

There are two ways to become Cardinal, and more than one player may have this title.
1 – If a player is named Bishop two (or more) turns in a row, they become Cardinal
2 – If a players Church influence reaches the 10 space or above, they receive the Cardinal benefit and reset their Church influence to 0.

Q - How does the VP loss work for unfinished artworks on a player's district board?
A - A player would lose 1 VP for each unfinished artwork on his board, with an additional 4 VP penalty (for a total penalty of 8) in both the Palazzo and Chiesa if no artworks are completed in that section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Brian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you want to collect additional questions here?

The rules say: Complete any artworks you are attempting in your home district first, then any on civic buildings, and finally any artwork in the Cathedral.

What precisely does this mean, and what is the effect on play?

Does this mean that if you have the ability to complete something that you have slated in your home district that you MUST complete it regardless of whether or not you really want to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question, it does seem that there is an order laid out so that there will be no player choice on which artwork to complete if a player doesn't have resources to complete them all (unless they are in the same area).

Hopefully someone from the publisher/design team will see it in this thread, guess we need to wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rules_heretic wrote:
The rules say: Complete any artworks you are attempting in your home district first, then any on civic buildings, and finally any artwork in the Cathedral.

Does this mean that if you have the ability to complete something that you have slated in your home district that you MUST complete it regardless of whether or not you really want to?

I'd have to agree, I think. The rules never really make anything sound optional, they're all very absolute - "You must pay the artist", "You must pay the resources", "If you cannot pay"... not "You may pay" or "If you choose not to pay".

Combined with the precise defined order, it seems that they are trying to force you to do the lesser works in your district if you can't do all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QUESTION:

The second part of the income phase is that the First Player rolls a die, and everyone gets one of that resource. The rules are specific that "If there are not enough ... cubes ..., each player instead receives 100..."

What about the first part of the phase? It's conceivable (but probably unlikely) that there are not enough Wood or Marble for everyone to get one.

My feeling is that any deficiency is made up, but that the new, created Cubes do not remain in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Panara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
«Quando non c'è energia non c'è colore, non c'è forma, non c'è vita» (Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio)
mbmbmbmbmb
bclayj wrote:
There are two ways to become Cardinal, and more than one player may have this title.
1 – If a player is named Bishop two turns in a row, they become Cardinal

There is a small imperfection:
1 - If a player is Bishop and at the end of the turn would be Bishop again, they become Cardinal.

So, a player should be Cardinal two or more turns in a row. This is really difficult, because once a player becomes Cardinal they have to reset their Churc influence to 0, but it may happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panteo wrote:
bclayj wrote:
1 – If a player is named Bishop two turns in a row, they become Cardinal

There is a small imperfection:
1 - If a player is Bishop and at the end of the turn would be Bishop again, they become Cardinal.

So, a player should be Cardinal two or more turns in a row. This is really difficult, because once a player becomes Cardinal they have to reset their Churc influence to 0, but it may happen.

I'm not sure I understand the problem Matteo, but I did add the words "or more" to make it clear that if a player were Bishop three turns in a row or more that they would retain the Cardinal title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.