Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When are the pre-orders of this expected to start shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering when Canadian orders will be sent out as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked the Game Salute website, and I saw that the ship date was October 2012. If that is the case, that is crazy! I think I placed my order at the end of December or the beginning of January! I really want the expansions, but this is nuts, the ship date continues to get pushed back. In the meantime, I've moved and have had to change my address with Game Salute. I wonder what other things will happen in my life before I see my games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not replied here before now because I was waiting on additional information. Now that I have that info, I'll be happy to share.

We received 1750 copies of each of the Factions products in a special air-freight shipment from Panda so that we could fill the KS rewards (about 1550 copies).

We're waiting until the last of the international orders have been shipped (probably today or tomorrow) to get an exact count of the remaining copies. From those remaining copies we will fill all of the pre-orders received BEFORE July 1, 2012 (that's when the air-freight left China). I believe that's about 75 copies.

The remaining +/- 125 copies of all three products will go to GenCon.

The main shipment of 3,250 copies of all three Factions products is being loaded onto a ship right now...seriously! Factions is hitching a ride with Chicken Caesar (Nevermore Games) and Viva Java (Dice Hate Me Games). Allowing 5 to 6 weeks for ocean transit and customs clearance, that should put these three highly-anticipated game titles in Game Salute's warehouse in early September.

Game Salute likes to under-promise and over-deliver whenever possible, so, they've marked their site as October availability. but chances are extremely good that mid-september is closer to the mark.

I hope that helps explain everything. Factions has taken 6 months longer than anticipated and I'm sorry. There's not much, if anything, I could have done to speed up the process, but it is still a HUGE delay and I am sorry that we all had to go through it.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
England
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I placed my order for every product on July 3rd over $100 billed and paid and my game goes to Gen Con?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too can't help but be a bit disappointed that pre-orders have to get in line behind random walk-ups at GenCon. I know it's important to promo this there, but I figured pre-ordering it would put me in line behind the Kickstarter folks.

I guess I'm wondering how many pre-orders there are that could be fulfilled by those ~125 copies. If it's the case that there are many more pre-orders than 125, then it won't make much difference. But if there are only another 75 or so... well, you get my point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
oeste wrote:
One more quick question: Will those of us that did pre-order before July 1st receive any email notification of when our pre-order is shipped?

I suspect that Game Salute will email pre-order customers, but I do not know for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Foo
Australia
Mulgrave
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed my pre-order and paid 3rd May 2012 with GameSalute. My order is marked as "fulfilled" 4th May 2012. So far nothing. No email or any contact from GameSalute. It is now August and I'm emailing for answers. Again nothing.
I'm distinctly "Not Happy" about this.

Rgds, David Foo

I followed up with GameSalute further and they say my order will be shipping this week.
As I have now had contact from them I can strike through the "Not Happy" comment and let vagaries of international shipping take its course.

-----

Well, once Game Salute get onto something they follow through. I have had four emails in two days. The last being "Just left on the truck". So I'm now definitely happy that my goods are on the way.

-----

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We hope to have all of the preorders placed before August 3rd shipped out before GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lag

Illinois
msg tools
Hmmmm, I placed my pre-order in May but I haven't heard anything from them. Crossing my fingers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lag

Illinois
msg tools
Ugg, I have a bad feeling I got left out of the mix on this one. Bummer, I have a big gaming weekend planned since I could not go to GenCon this year and this would have made my group very happy. Not sure why I got left out on this one. I say boo good sirs!

Curious Oeste, did your shipment include a relic die? I noticed they should have a few left over after backers are fulfilled. Curious if these will be included in the pre-orders and/or if they will be offered at the booth at GenCon? I already have a friend of mine who is going making sure to pick me up one if they are available. Looks like I am now crossing my toes and fingers. Waiting is not funsauce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lag

Illinois
msg tools
Oh well, hopefully they don't sell out at Gen Con so I can get my copy in the next two weeks instead of having to wait on that second shipment between Sep-Oct. Did anyone else pre-order before July that also didn't get their's yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lag

Illinois
msg tools
Well, after calling Game Salute today after they got back from Gen Con I finally got my answer, they screwed up and forgot my order. Well at least they are on it now and have stock to ship me.

On another note, I was also told that there were extra Relic Die at Gen Con. Too bad the four friends I begged, pleaded, and promised favors beyond their wildest dreams all flaked on me and never went by the booth. The lady on the phone said they were brining the rest to Pax Prime in Seattle but I know no one who will be there. Looks like my quest for the elusive die will become my holy grail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butternut wrote:
Well, after calling Game Salute today after they got back from Gen Con I finally got my answer, they screwed up and forgot my order. Well at least they are on it now and have stock to ship me.

On another note, I was also told that there were extra Relic Die at Gen Con. Too bad the four friends I begged, pleaded, and promised favors beyond their wildest dreams all flaked on me and never went by the booth. The lady on the phone said they were brining the rest to Pax Prime in Seattle but I know no one who will be there. Looks like my quest for the elusive die will become my holy grail.

Even if the die had been pretty, I didn't really see the point in it. As it is - I wouldn't shed too many tears over it. I'm guessing you didn't try to guilt Game Salute into sending one? "Well, I'm certainly very upset that you forgot my order, but I might forget about my severe mental anguish if you include one of those ugly dice with my order..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lag

Illinois
msg tools
arkayn wrote:

Even if the die had been pretty, I didn't really see the point in it. As it is - I wouldn't shed too many tears over it. I'm guessing you didn't try to guilt Game Salute into sending one? "Well, I'm certainly very upset that you forgot my order, but I might forget about my severe mental anguish if you include one of those ugly dice with my order..."

Actually the lady on the phone at Game Salute was pretty cool about the whole whoopsie thing and told me if they had any she would have thrown one in but they are all with, I think she said Tory, and that they were headed to PAX for the next trade show. Honestly not a big deal, I'm just glad the expansion is finally coming. I found out today one of my best friends who works for Warner Brothers Games will be going to PAX so he's gonna try and get me one. If he or one of his underlings fails to retrieve my precious I will probably just forgettaboutit at that point.

There are more important things to worry about though, like where am I going to find a red cap for my Duff Man costume that I will be wearing to a "dress up like a craft beer character party" this weekend. "Oh Yeah!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:

What's the deal about this die? Is it just another version of the die that came with the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
th3tick wrote:
arkayn wrote:

What's the deal about this die? Is it just another version of the die that came with the game?

One of the kickstarter rewards was a special die to replace the base game's relic ship die. It has weird-looking pips. That's basically the whole draw to it. Also, the finish came out very dull on it and some people think it looks worse than the original die. I'm kind of lukewarm on it - it's okay, and since I have it I'll use it, but meh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm one of those people who think it looks worse than the original die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan, have your friend ask for me at the PAX booth (6108) and I'll get him/you a die if there are any left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lag

Illinois
msg tools
CleverMojo wrote:
Ryan, have your friend ask for me at the PAX booth (6108) and I'll get him/you a die if there are any left.

Thanks David, I'll let my friend Erin know, you rock. I know it isn't the greatest item out there, the chase is sometimes more fun than the reward. I think that's how the old school collector in me sees it anyway.

Looking forward to getting the expansion finally. Looks like it will be at my door sometime today. Now my gaming groups can stop harassing me about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lag

Illinois
msg tools
So upon opening my shipment from Game Salute today I find this note:

I see what you all mean about the Relic Die quality but still, glad to have one. Thanks again to the lady who helped me at Game Salute. Can't wait to get this all to the table. BTW, the little plastic colony's and the generator pieces look fantastic. Way better than any photos, super impressed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Conser
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this still looking like early Oct for FLGS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.