United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted the North Coast Gamers group on Facebook to see if any stores in my area wanted to have me come demo. The owner of Game Emporium contacted me saying she'd like to have me come teach a few games.

I took along 5 of my favorite Eagle Gryphon games: Pastiche, Incan Gold, Can't Stop, Roll Through the Ages, and High Society. When I arrived, I found out that the earlier RPG session hadn't happened, so I only found 4 people there and the owner.

I first showed off Incan Gold. I figured it'd be a nice, simple game to get everyone involved. We had one player and the owner join me and my girlfriend, and there was loads of treasure around. The second game, my girlfriend sat the round out and one of the other players joined us. We were terribly cursed that round, with the second place player having only 3 points.

We then switched over to Can't Stop. We had a third player join us, so I stepped out and allowed the 3 players and owner play. Some very lucky players, some very lucky rolls, but overall an incredibly close game. They all really seemed to enjoy the game and how it worked.

We finished out the night with Roll Through the Ages. One player just kept rolling triple skulls, so the rest of us bought Medicine pretty quickly. One player got up to 7 dice in about 3 turns, where others took longer. Everyone enjoyed it and had a blast.

I don't know if I'll be back, it being a 50 minute drive one way, but I certainly had a good time at the store and I hope everyone else had a blast too! If there's enough demand, I'd be happy to go back and teach more games.

Ken Grazier
www.Geek-Craft.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.