Subject: New Mages and Miniatures. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i heard somewhere you guys are planning on doing miniatures, it would be great if the miniatures had spots for the action tokens too. 2 for a mage miniature and 1 for the creature miniatures, somewhere on the base probibly.

also i know you guys are planning on comming out with more mages, but any chance on revisiting mages youve already released? maybe a different beastmaster with the same schools but different ability and or life totals etc? or will you just create a new type a mage for such a change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Pope
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi Marc,

First of all - Great idea on the miniatures! I am going to check on the feasibility of having a place to show whether the Mage or creature has acted yet. Love it!

On refreshing the Mages - Absolutely! All the information for each Mage is printed on their Ability Card - their attributes (such as their life and channeling rate),their schools of training, and their abilities. Each ability card has a particular subclass name. For example, for the Beastmaster its "Straywood Forest". What this does is, we can later release a new "version" of the Beatsmaster, with new stats and abilities. He still can use any of the Beastmaster spells, but he has cool new abilities and a new "flavor".

For example, and to give away some secrets, we are planning a future more savage version of the Beatsmaster, something more like a "Feral Tarzan". One of his abilities is "Wounded Prey", which allows him to target an enemy creature, and have his own creatures home in and hunt it down.

Also, each release and expansion will have a few new spells that are special ones just for PAST Mages. For example, the Warlcok has an intelligent sword, possessed by an evil entity, called "Sectarus". It has some very cool powers, and you should see that in an expansion sometime this fall.

So, over time, past Mages will get freshened up with new cool spells, just for them, and new alternate versions with fresh new abilities.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to hear the older casters will get continued love from future expansions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game just keeps sounding better and better! I can not wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hughes
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sectarus, by the way is really fun to play with, eapecially if you like curses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fantastic, i thought the new mages of older types would be a good idea, glad you guys thought ahead. and hope that works out with the miniatures.

were you planning on making miniatures for just the mages or the summons as well? and maybe the firewalls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Galactus wrote:

First of all - Great idea on the miniatures!

i kinda pictured it on the base somewhere. like a somewhat scenic base with an indentation for the current action markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandor Muranyi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Hi Bryan!

First, you made a very cool game, congrat!
Second, miniatures for mages and creatures are really would be great! Sometime one zone can be very crowded.

Again, congratulations and keep going!

Sandor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan B
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
any news on this? would love a little Mage statue for our main Mages, could just stand on the Mage card, would add a new dimension to an awesome game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary T

Florida
msg tools
Has anyone found any current miniatures avail that would be the best looking to represent the Mages in Mage wars? I've been searching but have not found too many. Which companies makes the best (clearest and most detailed) miniatures? Although most miniatures may be too small for Mage wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Magdzinski
United States
Matthews
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used some of the miniatures from my Reaper kickstarter to represent the mages and it works great. I'd love to use some for the creatures but that would get too cluttered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Campbell
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of using my Mage Knight miniatures to play. They don't exactly look like the mages from MW, but the themes are kind of there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.