Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the latest update to say that those of use that ordered hockey players are going to have to wait longer to get our shipment. Is that true? Do you really penalize the customer when there is an unforseen delay instead of shipping the product (which is perfectly playable without the hockey men) and then shipping the hockey players along when they arrive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok - it has been 5 days and there is no word from Germany and no movement on the shipment of Weykick to hockey backers. No follow up from you, and it has passed the 24 - 48 hours timeframe.

So, go ahead and level with us. Do you have any intention of mailing Weykick now and the hockey players later? Just tell the truth. We can handle it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amen to that,

my fedex tracking number just sits there, as it has since the original email came out 3 weeks ago, promising shipping within 48 hours. An actual real update about what's going on would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for not updating here, we had a lot more people commenting/asking about it on the Comments section of the Kickstarter campaign so have been posting updates there. You can see it at:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maydaygames/weykick-dext...

The upshot is that all rewards should go out on Monday. The Hockey players and Janosch players are in the USA and would have gone out on Friday if DHL had delivered by 5 PM as they "guaranteed". We should get them on Monday now.

http://www.dhl.com/content/g0/en/express/tracking.shtml?bran...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taxers wrote:
Ok - it has been 5 days and there is no word from Germany and no movement on the shipment of Weykick to hockey backers. No follow up from you, and it has passed the 24 - 48 hours timeframe.

So, go ahead and level with us. Do you have any intention of mailing Weykick now and the hockey players later? Just tell the truth. We can handle it!

Oh Jay, the funny part is that you actually thought it might not be a total cluster-f*&$. I admire your ability to put faith in those who clearly don’t deserve it.

I have to admit to a certain morbid curiosity regarding the complete incompetence of Seth Hyatt as a businessman. I’ve read a few of the threads that have popped up about him and Mayday throughout the years, and it is always the same exact thing. Promises followed by excuses that don’t actually make sense or explain the situation. It really is very entertaining (or at least it would be if your time and money weren’t tied up in it).

For instance, in this very thread he promises to ship your game in 48 hours either with or without the promos. Then, a week later, he throws up some smokescreen about the delivery of the promos being late. But that doesn’t actually answer why the games didn’t ship without the promos five days ago.

What a joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote Former President George W. Bush quoting Roger Daltrey - "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, won't get fooled again."

But, I am confident that he will package the game with packs of card sleeves to make it up to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are happy to report we got the Hockey players in this morning and are shipping out the last few orders today. Thanks everyone for your patience and continued support.

We are happy to be able to provide this game directly to the USA market and at about a 30% discount off of the EU price for those who are interested in it!

We had hoped to get this out in late May rather than late July, but are happy to have all the rewards out to all our KS backers. We hope everyone will find the delay was worth it and that the game is as fun as you had all hoped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Estimated delivery August 3. Sounds like my game is finally out of the Penalty Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of them went out yesterday except for 2 shipments to Canada that UPS didn't pick up. They will go out today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized.
mbmbmbmbmb
...it's funny, but Timewellspent is already listing theirs as in stock this morning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicagometh wrote:
...it's funny, but Timewellspent is already listing theirs as in stock this morning...

Inconceivable! There is no way an online store would receive stock before a kickstarter backer. No way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taxers wrote:
chicagometh wrote:

Inconceivable! There is no way an online store would receive stock before a kickstarter backer. No way.

Don't worry, you can rest easy in the knowledge that despite promises made, you probably paid more than OLGS customers did. That's something, right? I know the deniath customers already got their games because there's one sitting in my basement right now. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy place . . . Happy Place . . .

Plus - you are completely ignoring this post from Seth on another thread:

"We've posted about this on the other threads, the Deniath campaign will not be honored and we are asking them to refund those few who may have already checked out at this lower price."

So, I know you are pulling my leg now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy SHIT! Seth deleted his post (It was between Jay's first two posts) where he PROMISED to ship in 24-48 hours if the promos hadn't arrived yet!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL laugh

And now we've learned once again what happens when you don't quote one of Seth's promises. The bastard just comes back and deletes it. That is just too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you only have yourself to blame. You had to have a hockey-painted version. If you were just happy with football, like the rest of the world, then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to put the AMERICA back in NORTH AMERICA! We're taking over hockey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Holy SHIT! Seth deleted his post (It was between Jay's first two posts) where he PROMISED to ship in 24-48 hours if the promos hadn't arrived yet!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL laugh

And now we've learned once again what happens when you don't quote one of Seth's promises. The bastard just comes back and deletes it. That is just too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are in contact directly with our KS backers and if any of you have any problems at all with your rewards please email me directly at seth@maydaygames.com and I'll be happy to help. We are sorry some of the rewards didn't go out on Friday as we'd promised but are glad they were all out on Monday/Tuesday.

I called TimeWellSpent and confirmed they do actually have these in stock, just a few of each of the games. They really did get them quickly though, we just sent them to distributors last week and I guess with TimeWellSpent being in Colorado they just got them fast from their west coast distributor.

Thanks again to all of you for your support of the project!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awww...I just tried to reply to and quote Seth's latest msg about how some deniath orders were honored and how deniath hasn't paid for the games yet, but it was deleted before I had the chance to finish writing my reply. That guy is sneaky like a ninja. I'll just have to start cutting and pasting, rather than replaying in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
We are in contact directly with our KS backers and if any of you have any problems at all with your rewards please email me directly at seth@maydaygames.com and I'll be happy to help. We are sorry some of the rewards didn't go out on Friday as we'd promised but are glad they were all out on Monday/Tuesday.

I called TimeWellSpent and confirmed they do actually have these in stock, just a few of each of the games. They really did get them quickly though, we just sent them to distributors last week and I guess with TimeWellSpent being in Colorado they just got them fast from their west coast distributor.

Thanks again to all of you for your support of the project!

Quoted for posterity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathan,

The Denaith info in the last post I made was accurate, we agreed months ago with Denaith's request to honor the half dozen orders that got put through on there. It must be karma or something that they haven't paid us for those still due to some restructuring.

I also said TimeWellSpent couldn't possibly have WeyKick yet but I called them myself after posting to double check and found they do actually have them in stock.

As for the other post, we have been updating the KS backers directly and much more often than here. You can see the same comment directly to our backers at:

I went to update the original comment (post #2 on the thread above) to link to the KS directly, then realized it was worded badly and had a bad link, then realized I had edited it a couple of times and that it would be better to just delete the post entirely and communicate directly to the actual backers via emails and updates on the KS, rather than show "Edits 2" on a post from a week ago.

Any of our backers with any issues please contact me directly and we'll be more than happy to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
I went to update the original comment (post #2 on the thread above) to link to the KS directly, then realized it was worded badly and had a bad link...

"Worded badly" would be one way to describe the post. Outright lie or unkept promise would be more accurate ways, imho.

maydaygames wrote:
...then realized I had edited it a couple of times and that it would be better to just delete the post entirely

It's not. Ever. Why on earth would you think that? This is just another blatent attempt to cover your tracks and hide your unkept promises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
Nathan,

The Denaith info in the last post I made was accurate, we agreed months ago with Denaith's request to honor the half dozen orders that got put through on there. It must be karma or something that they haven't paid us for those still due to some restructuring.

I also said TimeWellSpent couldn't possibly have WeyKick yet but I called them myself after posting to double check and found they do actually have them in stock.

As for the other post, we have been updating the KS backers directly and much more often than here. You can see the same comment directly to our backers at:

I went to update the original comment (post #2 on the thread above) to link to the KS directly, then realized it was worded badly and had a bad link, then realized I had edited it a couple of times and that it would be better to just delete the post entirely and communicate directly to the actual backers via emails and updates on the KS, rather than show "Edits 2" on a post from a week ago.

Any of our backers with any issues please contact me directly and we'll be more than happy to help!

Quoted for posterity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.