Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Hartig
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Is it allowed to play a MINOR Action card on a creature DURING movement?

For example, can I move a spider 3 squares, then play a Web MINOR Action on it, and then continue movement; all in the same activation?

The rules for movement state, that a creature cannot move, tap, and then continue movement. But a minor action does not tap a creature.

Fred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fred22 wrote:
Hello!

For example, can I move a spider 3 squares, then play a Web MINOR Action on it, and then continue movement; all in the same activation?

The rules for movement state, that a creature cannot move, tap, and then continue movement. But a minor action does not tap a creature.

Fred

As I read it, no: Each action must be completed before the next one starts.

(I'll try to get this confirmed by the designers).

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MerricB wrote:
Fred22 wrote:
Hello!

Fred

As I read it, no: Each action must be completed before the next one starts.

(I'll try to get this confirmed by the designers).

Cheers,
Merric

The answer is definitely no. MerricB's answer is the correct one and there's a link on these forums to the DnD forum which describes that. I'll just do some digging for the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we are:

This is the link to the forum thread on WoTC board where the following post can be found.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/29242373/D...

The corresponding thread on BGG that I saw this link on is:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/830703/official-rules-clarif...

Finally, here is the quote from Chris Dupuis:

Chris Dupuis wrote:

Note that you can't interrupt the middle of an action to create a new stack. The action completes off the stack and moves on. For example, you can't play a minor action mid-move, nor can an opponent play an immediate action card in the middle of your move. They either interrupt the start of the move action or play their immediate after you are done moving.

So, exactly what we said above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bourbeau
United States
londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything goes on the stack. Your move action is on the stack. Do you want to put a minor action on top of it? No? then the move action resolves completely and then you may put a minor action on the stack afterwards.

The only cards that disobey this are immediate actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.