Popular Tags: [View All]
Graeme McGee
United Kingdom
Upper Cambourne
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

New to Descent so a couple of noob questions have come up in our first few games.

Firstly, and the answer seems obvious but i can't find confirmation in the rulebook - if a hero buys the chainmail armour he rolls 2 grey defence dice (one for the chainmail in addition to the normal grey dice he rolls)?

And also if a player rolls a miss on the attack dice can he still use any surges rolled on the red or yellow dice to activate non-attack related surges (e.g. Removing a fatigue or using avric's healing ability)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Fox
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right on the chain mail. The armor dice are in addition to the base dice. I think you are right with the surges. You don't need to hit to use a noncombat surge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Thompson
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It appears surges work the same way in 2e as they did in 1e (from page 12 in the rules under the "2. Roll Dice" section):

Quote:
If an X is rolled on the blue attack die, the attack is considered a miss and all other results are ignored.

If you miss, you don't get to use your surges.

EDIT: added rule page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I may start rolling just the blue dice first, then the second if I don't miss. It's too disapointing to get a great second roll on the non-blue die, and an X on the blue (DOH!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Fox
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.