Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I know that the races are not supposed to be balanced, but does anyone feel that this scenario greatly unbalances things?

First of all, entering in decline has a larger punishment than regular maps (since you have to start in the western side, where regions are worth less). Hence, races/traits that work around declining (like ghouls, stout, etc...) are way weaker. Likewise, elves, pygmies, halflings, and skeletons are much stronger, since they tend to be longer in play.

In particular, we found that heroic halflings are ridiculously overpowered. You get to start directly where points score higher, and you have four unconquerable terrains. If you place them correctly you can have 9 regions completely unconquerable (placing tokens in tiles R,W,H and J), out of those 9 regions you have 5 that score double. Effectively you get to score 14 points per round and you can only be attacked by someone with the flying trait.

How come they did not notice this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Rauros
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we played this scenario as our first crack at realms, 2 player. I got Dragon Master something and dominated right off the bat. There was no back & forth battle for the extra points for most of the game.

If we play this scenario again, I may take out all races & powers that allow you to hold a territory like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
jrsinor wrote:
I got Dragon Master something and dominated right off the bat. There was no back & forth battle for the extra points for most of the game.

I don't think there are any problems in multiplayer games as you can hold only one area this way. Halflings are really strong of course, but it shouldn't be that problematic too.

2 player game might change some evaluations. I don't play them that often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.