Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My adventure with Alvric Albright (part 5) **Spoiler Warning**

**Spoilers ahead do nor read if you don’t want to be spoiled***

Baron Greigory’s librarian gave us and the two Barons a detail accounted of the history of the Shadow Binders. At the end of their adventures they had bound the Dragonlord Gryvorn in the shadow vault. The key to the vault is the Shadow Rune. To help protect vault the heroes had broken the Rune in two pieces and separated them.

Baron Zachareth believed that the Overlord has one half of the rune and is seeking the second piece. Baron Greigory had found the location of the second piece and sent us to find it and return with it to Arhynn. Our journey to vault had a few ruins with zombies, we arrived tired but in good health. We ventured into the underground vault and made it all the way to the final chamber with no problems. I was suspicious, but Alvric is a trusting soul. As soon as we retrieved the rune piece from its hiding spot, Baron Zachareth steps out of the shadows with his barghests, and demanded we turn it over. Since, we looked out numbered I was ready to pass it over, but Alvric leaped to attack!

We were able to find a way around the barghests, by using a secret stairway I had found, but Zachareth brought up a shadow dragon in support. Alvric jumped to attack and told me to run for the exit with the ruin’s casket. So I snuck past the monsters and sprinted for the exit. A merriod came up so I had to jump off a waterfall with the Baron in hot pursuit. I was one step from the exit when the shadow dragon I had thought was behind me jump out of the shadows and knocked me out.

I awoke 30 minutes later to warm cookfire, and Alvric tending to my wounds. He of course blamed himself for not being able to swim properly and failing to keep up. It was then I realized that the Overlord had the shadow ruin, and I could hear his voice cackling in my mind for the rest of the night. Are we doomed without the Shadow Ruin? Where did that Shadow Dragon come from?

Tomble Burrowell
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I read the rules, I saw the two barons was called Greigory and Zachareth ...
Worse I read they were friend.

I was hoping of a twist, but no, the chichéed rule : 'Never trust someone with a 'Z' in his or her name.' is applied at full force ...

On another side :
The heroes won 3-0 in act I
Then the overlord won the interlude, right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep heroes won act 1 3-0, but lost the interlude. Better tactics by the OL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ken, gotta another thief question for ya. I was curious as to what thief skills you have been picking and how useful have they been for you now that you've accumulated some XP? I just started a campaign myself using Tomble as a thief and I'm really having a hard time deciding what skills to pick for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the search skills are nice, but not in a two hero game. Here is the order I picked skills up to this point:

Dirty tricks (1) -> Unseen (2) -> Tumble (2)

I also have the Heavy Cloak, which is a good combo with Unseen. All three are good skills. Being able to stun enemies is nice in certain situations. Unseen can help a lot if you are the target of the OL. Tumble can get you through blocked hallways which can be critical in some quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Healex
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I greatly enjoy your session reports. Keep up the good work! Nice to see the overlord win for a change too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok. Thanks for the insight. Yea I picked sneaky as my first ability. I've used the open door part of the skill quite a bit but I haven't been able to set up the "sneak attack" part of the skill all that much. But I'll definitely check out Unseen and Tumble. Those two seem pretty powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.