mbmbmbmbmb
Roger Smith writes:

Bernie 64
Alan 56
Doug 54
David 53
Roger 40
Janet 25

Our first play of this Dirk Henn game which I ordered from Adam Spielt after reading the Counter review.

Replenishing the stock and money piles certainly has the feel of Show Manager. The collecting and scoring aspects reminded me strongly of Get the Goods/Reibach & Co. Doug suggested it felt it like a cross between Show Manager and Airlines. The others were also quick to point out the similarities to the latter, particularly suggested by the use of the Wertung cards. So perhaps there is nothing really new about the game, but is does successfully combine several systems.

Janet remarked that it was difficult to see which stocks each player was collecting due to the cards being so similar, and I must concur. It would have been good to be able to sweep the table and immediately see who else was collecting the same things as me. In this game I basically bought when I could, trying to edge in for a few second positions when the first was unachievable. The temptation seems to be to buy whenever you can afford it, as the card you're after probably won't be there next time around. I'll need to play a few more times before I have a real idea on the strategies. Another strategy which suggests itself to me is hoarding money in the early stages and spending big (and effectively) in the latter. This might be particularly effective with a smaller number of players. Possibly Doug was trying something similar in this game. Bernie was the only player to have the most shares in two categories (Petrol and Entertainment) while Alan's second place reflects that he had the most of the highest scoring cards (Bank).

Looking forward to playing this again soon and trying a few different ideas.

Roger's rating: 7.5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.