JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! The weekend is now over, and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past weekend gaming exploits.

So, all you weekend gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of weekend gaming greatness, as you pop in here to answer the question:
What did you play this weekend?

The Geeklist version can be found here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/144950/what-did-you-pl...

Check out the subscription thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320 Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!

The wife and I took all of our kids to NY to drop off the older two to stay at their grandmothers until after GenCon. So I did not get as much gaming in as I had hoped. I did get a few Anniversary Eve games of Plato3000 in with the wife, and some gaming on Sunday though.

2012-07-20
Utopian Rummy x3

2012-07-22
Omen: A Reign of War x2
Container
Blood Bowl: Team Manager - The Card Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleet x 2
The Castles of Burgundy dissapointing
Lords of Waterdeep i like it, not a great game ,but a fun one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday-I helped build a ramp for my best friend's son, who is now in a wheelchair after being shot on June 6. After the ramp build his parents came to my house and we played Fairy Tale, For Sale, and Wits & Wagers.

Sunday-My wife and I played a 4 player game of Dominion with our friends in Florida without leaving Indiana. We got on Skype and laid out the cards on our table while they laid out their cards on theirs. It was really fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kolinski
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my kids gave me Blokus for my birthday, My 9 yr old son
and I played twice...........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A card game weekend:

Friday
Blue Moon x2

Saturday
Glory to Rome x2
Spearpoint 1943 x1

Sunday
Frontline General: Spearpoint 1943 x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On sat: Citadels, Great Fire of London, and Loyang.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday 4 of us planned a marathon day of gaming. We started at 3. Planned on grilling and then back to games. One of the guys informed us he was going to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch UFC. So we only got one game in. We player Game of Thrones the card game. It was my 1st time. So the game lasted 4 hours. It was a fun game. The other 3 guys had played before. With one of them always winning.
@ were battling back and forth for the win. Me and the other were not really in it. But I was Martell and got the "You only need 13 power tokens to win card." The guy with Stark was gainbing momentuum as her had tons of character cards out.
I went stealth after I got the above mentioned card. And pulled out the win. It was awesome.

Sunday was "No Electronics Day" at our house. So my wife and kids and I played a game of Munchkin. I really like that game. After my younger daughter went to soccer, my older daughter and I played a game of Battleball. It was our 1st time. Reminded of chess a little.

Great weekend of gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarc wrote:
We player Game of Thrones the card game. It was my 1st time. So the game lasted 4 hours. It was a fun game. The other 3 guys had played before. With one of them always winning.
@ were battling back and forth for the win. Me and the other were not really in it. But I was Martell and got the "You only need 13 power tokens to win card." The guy with Stark was gainbing momentuum as her had tons of character cards out.
I went stealth after I got the above mentioned card. And pulled out the win. It was awesome.

I had a similar experience with my first 4 player game. There is a definite advantage to being the new guy that people do not yet think of as a threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday:

1. Stone Age - 2 player game, where I taught my 8 year old son Shawn how to play

Sunday:

1. Stone Age - 4 player game, Shawn insisted on this over Dungeon Petz. This was also the first play for my wife and my 17 year old Sherwin. They got it quick and Sherwin managed to win without realizing it!!!
2. 7 Wonders - 2 plays, and very memorable ones. Sherwin was initially resistant to playing this game, but in the first play (4 players: me, my wife, my 14 yr old daughter Sharlene, and Shawn) he assisted Shawn in playing. In the second game he finally joined and now we are 5! This was more memorable since Shawn got his first even win on any boardgame system!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
De Waey Joeri
Belgium
Oostende
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fridaynight:

Key Harvest great game, still a bit underrated

Saterday:

Friday x2
Crokinole x2
Tumblin-Dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lords of Waterdeep: great as allways esp with the new custom DnDeeples

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game: I liked it a lot but the others did not...

Formula D: Daniel and I liked it a lot but the girls did not...

War of the Ring (First Edition): one of my new favourites
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday was the Green Mountain Gamers Summer Game n' Grill in Middlebury VT. Lots of great gaming going on all day!

I Played:

Eminent Domain
Alien Frontiers
Resistance x3
Dominant Species

Lots of other games going on as well....
A Few Acres of Snow
Eclipse
Arkham Horror
At the Gates of Loyang
Dominion
7 Wonders
Ticket to Ride

and so on.... Great fun!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played San Juan and Gears of war with my girlfriend then Onirim solo a couple of times.

I have opened the box of Mage Knight two times this weekend and read some pages in the walkthrough. Think i will play it this week (Bought it last week).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ra x1
RoboRally x1
Linq x1
Friday x1
Dice Age Alpha Edition: Fundamental series x2
Insidious Sevens x1
Catan x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed G.
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday:
Advanced the Battletech campaign with the group.

Sunday:
Old standbys Oregon and Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer with my favorite partner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McDougal
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boenke wrote:

Man I'm jealous, I want a crokinole board so bad. I keep imagining I'll find a cheap one in a yard sale somewhere, but alas, I don't live in Canada.

Personally, our power went out Saturday morning so my brother and I played a few games of Claustrophobia before the girlfriend woke up and we switched to Quarriors. Was planning on having a game night last night, but I fell asleep instead

I'm really digging Claustrophobia, with the minimal setup time and 30-45 minute games, it's impossible to refuse a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission: Red Planet and Turn the Tide on friday (both 5 players)
Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan on saturday afternoon
The Boss on sunday afternoon (3 players)
Glory to Rome on sunday evening (3 players)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Perez
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday: Game Night on Campus

Liar's Dice
First time playing this one. This was tense bidding action once you got an idea of the odds. Keep track of the available dice.

Wits & Wagers
I played poorly at this. Our betting strategy was not very strong and we were too often incorrect with our team. Still fun though.

Lords of Vegas
This game is a fun light filler. There is some strategy here but a lot of luck. Still great for some laughs.

Ad Astra
We played this twice. A fun game and the planning mechanic makes it similar to Settlers with a bit less randomness.

Sunday: Boardgaming Party

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)
I botched the rules on this one. Been too long since I last played it. Still a great game that can be done in 2 hours. Always play with 6 people though for best results.

King of Tokyo
One of my favorite filler games. Great with any group of players.

Power Grid
This was a great game. I've never played with the full 6 players. This was a tense game of bidding and strategy. Turn order placement vs. available cash makes this tense.

Village
First time getting this to the table. Once everyone had the mechanics it went quickly knocked it out in 90 minutes including explanation. Everyone did varied strategies. I won only because I had learned the rules and read a bit on how to play. Came out 10 point ahead of the rest who were separated by 1 or 2 points. Everyone enjoyed and was willing to try it again now that they had a feel for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JEFF CHATTIN
United States
Washington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thursday 7/19 Boardgame Night at Legends Family and Hobby Games
Vincennes IN:
-Call of Cthulhu the Card Game x3
Picked up a copy of Forbidden Island and 3 packs of sleeves

Friday 7/20 at Legends
-Eldar Sign
picked up a copy of Pandemic and 4 packs of sleeves
at Home
-Castle Panic x2
-Forbidden Island x2

Saturday 7/21 Coredrillers Gaming Group Monthly Game Night
-Toc Toc Woodman x4
-Can't Stop x2
-Ticket to Ride x2
-Castle Panic x4
-Blokus x4
-Pandemic x3

Sunday 7/22 Home
-Pandemic x5
-Race for the Galaxy x2

Overall weekend 9!

Great Gaming Gang!

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Survive: Escape from Atlantis!
Cthulhu Dice
Munchkin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Henning
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first two games of Kingdom of Heaven: The Crusader States 1097-1291.Played the first scenario twice. Once per side. Muslims crushed the crusaders both times. Not sure if there is enough time allotted to seige for enough VP"s as the seiges take a long time.

Played Attack Sub for the first time also. A nice little filler.

Played a seven player game of Stock Car Championship Racing Card Game. Had a lot of fun with this one with everyone getting into it. I look forward to playing this one with 10 or more.

Hammer of the Scots- it had been a long time since I played this one. I taught a new player and he loved it. I have yet to introduce anyone to it who didn't. My top game.

Lancaster- Played this one for the first time. I did not love it. Not a game I would run back to play but not one I would refuse if they needed another player.

Wars of the Roses: Lancaster vs. York- A cool area control euro type conflict game with some very cool mechanics. I love the planning in secret of everyone and then simultaneously revealing and resolving. Makes for some choas. Fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.