Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spawning Points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Francis
United States
California
flag msg tools
I was playing a session with a couple of friends and we were playing the first encounter of Castle Daerion and I had a quick question on spawning points. I was OL for this session I choose 2 open groups and I chose Elemental and Merriod. They are both 2x2 monsters and it stated on the reinforcements section for the encounter "At the end of each overlord turn he may place 1 monster from 1 of his open groups on either the Entrance and Exit, respecting group limits." And my question is that if one of the players controlled a villager and moved them to the enterance. Since the villager is treated as a figure a monster cannot occupy the same spot as the villager, what happens to the spawn point? Since there is 2 areas of spawn do I only have one now? Or moving the villager to the enterance isnt allowed for movement? (Yes I know choosing 2 large monsters for this encounter was pretty bad, but I thought it would of been a little fun chasing little villagers with 2 brutes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules state to spawn as close as possible to the spawning area if it is blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.